Audi Drivers...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Audi Drivers...

Post by CitroJim »

'Nuff said. Let the picture do the talking....

Hardly helps their image... Just reinforces it really :evil:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Audi Drivers...

Post by DickieG »

I find it quite amusing that going back a few years ago Audi ran a campaign of TV adverts implying that Audi drivers weren't arrogant yobbo's :?

From my observation's that's now a very accurate description of them possibly brought about from the frustration of buying what you believed (through the power of advertising) was quality car to the realisation that what you've ended up with is a pile of poo :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

DickieG wrote: what you believed was quality car to the realisation that what you've ended up with is a pile of poo :lol:
Very good :lol:

I think its been a bit of a switch, it was always BMW drivers (not every one) which appeared to be the most arrogant drivers on the road. Now it seems Audi drivers have taken over BMWs reputation.

Why anyone would want a Q7 is a mystery, they are extremely ugly, heavy and massive. Its a WAGs car!

Also every Audi looks the same now, if you took the A8 badge off and put it on its own it could easily be an A4. You just pick the size you want but get the same body. The A5 is one of the most ugly cars available in my opinion, no styling, just massively wide and vulgar. There is a white A5 Cabrio around here, its such bad taste! Dont even get me started on the A1, your paying £20K+ for what is only a Polo and you cant even get people in the back, my head is on the roof about 4 inches forward of the headrest. Put Kia badges on the cars and keep the prices the same and they would not sell, your buying an image, and not a good one at that.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
robert_e_smart
My Cars:

Post by robert_e_smart »

I'm with the Audi driver on this one. Car parking spaces are too narrow and short for modern cars.

The spaces are fine for a 60's car, not for one that came along 50 years later.
1990 XM 2.1 Turbo SD
1991 BX 16 TGS Auto
1992 ZX 1.6 Aura Auto
1994 Xantia 2.0 16V VSX
2008 C5 2.7 Exclusive
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

So, quite an Audi fan on the quiet then Chris :lol:
robert_e_smart wrote:I'm with the Audi driver on this one. Car parking spaces are too narrow and short for modern cars.
That Q7 is not a car Robert. It's a a borderline case of whether or not the driver needs an HGV or PSV licence to drive it legally...

It therefore has no business parking in a CAR park.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

robert_e_smart wrote:I'm with the Audi driver on this one. Car parking spaces are too narrow and short for modern cars.

The spaces are fine for a 60's car, not for one that came along 50 years later.
Maybe, though that Merc ML seems to fit :lol: However the Seat Leon is not well parked either, so parking in the bay next to that would be tight.

Taking up two spaces in a busy car park is just arrogant. I'm sure the Audi driver doesnt want dings in his doors but then if everyone thought about other people, then people would park in a bay and others would not bang their doors against other cars.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

CitroJim wrote:So, quite an Audi fan on the quiet then Chris :lol:
They are brilliant cars Jim, I recently drove a new Audi TT and could not believe it. It was the most uncomfortable car to be in, about twice as noisey as our C1 on the motorway, just so much tyre noise it made any journey a real effort. The seats were not comfortable, the plastics were cheap looking and feeling and very suspect in slightly more out of the way places. The spec was very limited and it cost around £30K. Annoyingly the ride was not quite as bad as expected. Im not sure what I expected for it to drive like but it felt like a MK5 Golf with no sporting ability and the steering was no more direct than my C5. I thought the previous TT was far better. The same storey with the new shape A4, not as noisey but too load on its tyres for a big car and the interior was not as well built as you might expect it to be. The estate is pretty tiny for boot room and again despite being a mid spec it was poorly equipped, not having auto lights or wipers like most C5s! The 1.8T 120 engine was pretty dull, about 30mpg at best and no performance to match. About £32K I think it was, what do you get for that? Nothing, oh, well a badge ...

No, not the biggest fan :lol:

I think my main gripe is that they are quite dull and boring.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Did you notice the quality of the carpet in the TT? A mate of mine has a 3.2 litre one so it must be one of the top spec models yet the carpet is a horrid cheap nasty weave that you'd expect to see in a office corridor.

Having had lengthy experience of quite a few A6's dating back to 1998 up to the latest models of just a year ago I find them most unpleasant devices to be in, they all have a an unnecessarily hard ride and the 3.0 Quattro has a large plate under one side of the passengers footwell causing one leg to sit significantly higher than the other, who on earth could put up with that? As for long term durability, forget it BMW 3 + 5 Series doing the same job wipe the floor with Audi's.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Guy at work bought a new "Ordy" A4 as he calls it a few months back (weird as we have an Ordy at work - Stephen Ord always goes by his nickname)
It was running very poorly and he took it to the Ordy dealer who told him to do the Italian tune up as the exhaust system was clogged with soot.
I'd already told him to do 100 mile dash down to Scotch Corner and back, at least 20 miles in 3rd at 4,000 revs but he was having none of it.

He bought the Ordy after I loaned him my C5 when his Ashtray cabriolet was off the road (only a year old and plagued with problems from day 1).
He was amazed at how powerful the C5 was :shock:, something I wouldn't agree with him on. Inspired him to buy a 2L turbo diesel.

Told him he should have bought a Citroen :)

It's been linked to previously but this site is devoted to bad parking and a surprisingly? high percentage of offenders are Audi drivers.
Speaking of offenders, the site name and language used can be perceived as offensive too.
Citroenmad
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I can't say I noticed the carpets but I was not overly impressed with any aspect of interior quality and the seats gave me back ache in no time. Id much rather have a BMW over any Audi, as most times you get a quality car with a superior drive, not just VW running gear with a 4 ringed badge and a price hike. They are not the most reliable of things either.
Chris
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

See You Next Tuesday

Post by addo »

Re the parking website - I seriously don't understand why that word is deemed so offensive in modern (hopefully less misogynistic!) times. Weird.
DickieG
My Cars:

Re: See You Next Tuesday

Post by DickieG »

addo wrote:Re the parking website - I seriously don't understand why that word is deemed so offensive in modern (hopefully less misogynistic!) times. Weird.
Women generally take serious offence to it being used, is it the same in Aus?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: Women generally take serious offence to it being used, is it the same in Aus?
I think Adam might have to run the word offence through a dictionary Richard. The word in not in common use in Aus....
Jim

Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

I've noticed the Audi phenomenon too. As mentioned they seem to have migrated from BMWs. I have noticed something though...

In my previous cars and in the works van, they are very aggressive towards me. Steaming up behind with their DRLs blazing and flashing the headlights among various other things. However, when I'm in the Jaguar, they tend to be a bit calmer. I don't know what it is but it just seems to be a calming influence. Maybe it's just me!
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

DickieG wrote:Women generally take serious offence to it being used, is it the same in Aus?
Maybe demographically? I know plenty of women who will sling it about as an insult - whether at another motorist, the lawnmower or a family member...

Offence isn't taken that often in Australia; it may be borrowed at times, returned some others but generally there is greater merit seen in not bothering to get riled.