Heuliez Paint

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Heuliez Paint

Post by addo »

Has anyone else had cause to compare the paint quality of Xantia breaks vs hatches?

I've spent hours (four or five?) cleaning/compounding the turret of my estate and there is so much rubbish in the paint. It looks to be in the electrocoat stage; however the colour is so thin it protrudes through my topcoat. I've also buffed through (by hand, at that) paint on the drip rails.

The film is fairly intact - it's one of the few times I've looked at a car and decided that a repaint over existing might be a good option!

And because people like Timmo may wonder, I didn't specifically clean under the screen rubber edge. Maybe next time.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Heuliez Paint

Post by citronut »

are your sure its the coat it was wearing on leaving the factory,

many moons ago i worked for a company in Deal Kent who had a contract with Toyota to repair any shipping damage to brand new cars comming into the country,

myself and another paint sprayer worked together one of us each side of every car,

if they had more than two panles damaged they would get a full re/paint,
we were re/spraying 25 cars a day, then friday was rectification work,

evey car comming out of the oven would be thoughraly checked by the boss with a paint depth gauge and a luminated magnifying glass,

if he found any specs of dirt in the paint they would come back round on the friday,

ocasionaly a car would come in to the yard that had had a container droped onto it, so no matter how much we polished it we couldnt get it to shin :twisted: :shock: :wink:

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I can't be 100% positive, honestly. However I have a good eye for authenticity and if it's not original, it is a major repair or reshell very early in life. There is zero overspray and none of the usual telltale misfitted bits. Paint all over the car is thin; I have hand polished through on the sills as well - plus you can see through to primer on the front bumper lower grille.

It's quite a hard paint, by comparison the Volvo 850 that graced my house for a while had beautifully "soft" paint that compounded well and was thick, too.