Latest French Drive

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: Latest French Drive

Post by lexi »

Thanks Mark. Still impressed with this. Fitted new shocks and have crawled around and under it quite a bit.

The car has a very high quality full stainless exhaust from new which is still excellent. There is no rust whatsover on body underneath.. The subframes are alloy not galvanised as I said, and any steel on sills etc has a thick rubber like coating.
The four doors and bonnet are aluminium and the front wings plastic. Only the roof and back end have steel.

The fuel injection system is Hitachi. Seats are fantastic . The seatbelt system is smooth as silk as you pull it out and the whole mechanisms are built into the seat at shoulder and seat bottom. Pure quality.
Any drawbacks? Yes. The car is minted inside and out so have to watch where you park
and cant throw fishing gear in the leather interior :(
Still got the old Landrover for that though :-D
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Oh dear... you're making me yearn for another.

The seats, as amazing as they are, are not beaten by the 1995 Laguna RXE. Comfiest seats I have ever ever ever sat in!
French is best.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

lexi wrote:
This is a Nissan 350 Z V6 engine. Slightly detuned to just over 240bhp. It can be reasonably economical on runs but the usual warning is against traffic crawling.
It drives more like a very tight Range Rover. There is no inclination to throw it about but straight line speed is vary capable and gobbles up long journeys in a fatigue free manner. The auto gearbox is Toyota type Aisin/Warner which are fitted to every type of vehicle from Volvo to RR Evoque.

This will do very nicely for now :-D
It has certainly got some power, and sounds like it moves well, although I wonder what it would be like if it were tuned to produce more power, and what bhp figure could be achieved.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

the 350z lump can be tuned to produce some very nice numbers! in its std form in the 350 its in a state of light/mild tune, a proper rolling road tuning session i beleive can see a good 20-30bhp gain!
offcourse, you could opt for the compound charging route and be looking at 500+bhp!! :-D
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Are you guys suggesting I chip the Vel :shock:

Funny thing with car is that it has Jap engine and injection system but I think it has the Sagem management stuff. The 350z tuners may not facilitate that.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Please don't mess with the Satis, they don't respond well to it. I know a guy who boosted his 3.0 dV6 only for it to rebel in a most explosive fashion.
French is best.