Snow!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Snow!

Post by Citroening »

It's properly snowing here. We went out earlier as it's dad's birthday but the snow came in during that time. We were met by a lot of snow and thus a gentle 25-30MPH run home.

Some quick pics:

At least the Red GTi and the 14TRS are safe and sound inside visa-wise - pretty much all of the others are inside The other GTi (D800) will hopefully be going inside soon too...

Anyone else got the snow - it's still falling thick and fast here...
Franklin
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Snow!

Post by Deanxm »

being a tropical (ahem) island we have light rain and thats it, damn winter tyres are never going to see action (mutters expletives)

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

It's started a bit more proper over this way now (earlier we had just a light covering), even heard some prat revving like crazy trying to get up our road.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Orange snow Franklin? Nice :)

We're snowed in here, must be a good 2mm :evil:
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

Xac wrote:even heard some prat revving like crazy trying to get up our road.
Saw that when we was out - someone coming out of a junction and with copious amounts of throttle and wheel spins... :roll:

En-route back we came across a Mondeo head first in a ditch - stopped and made sure everything was OK and luckily it was. It was a taxi and luckily there was no passengers. Made sure he was OK and he said other Taxi's was very close and was coming to assist. Not too much damage from what we could see...
myglaren wrote:Orange snow Franklin? Nice :)
:lol: Whacked the ISO up on the camera and it comes out orange at night! :-D First picture is 'normal' snow as it's taken on my iphone...
Franklin
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

A likely story - there is even a warning for amber snow up here!

BBC News
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Citroening wrote:
Xac wrote:even heard some prat revving like crazy trying to get up our road.
Saw that when we was out - someone coming out of a junction and with copious amounts of throttle and wheel spins... :roll:

En-route back we came across a Mondeo head first in a ditch - stopped and made sure everything was OK and luckily it was. It was a taxi and luckily there was no passengers. Made sure he was OK and he said other Taxi's was very close and was coming to assist. Not too much damage from what we could see...
That December we had loads of snow I had to help a 40 somthing BMW driver get out of a car park, he'd managed to get out of the parking space and was blocking the path to the exit with wheels spinning.
A small crowd of other drivers wanting to get home were trying to push his car.
I just told him to stick it in 2nd, and with only his foot on the clutch, slowly lift it up on idle, he really wanted to open the trottle so I told him off and eventually he got the idea.
Seriously, he should not have been behind the wheel of that car if he doesn't know simple things like going slow on ice!

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

We had a bit pitching this morning, probably about 1cm. All washed away by the middle of the afternoon. It was a nice surprise as we were expecting it to fall as rain what with Devon being on the warm side of that clash* between the warm and cold air.

*I'm only just getting in to this weather forecasting lark, not sure of the jargon yet :lol:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

DIY sphere tool
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

myglaren wrote:A likely story - there is even a warning for amber snow up here!

BBC News

You guys know not to go eating the Orange snow right?

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

No orange snow but got this after 2hours of getting to work as it had already been snowing for an hour :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65819956@N ... 174681675/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the way saw a punto that had hit something and rolled and was on the wrong side of the road with a police unit in front with all its lights on to warn people.

Looked like it had slipped, caught the dropping verge and then just gone over and come acros the road... Lucky no-one else had been oncoming!!

Been out practicing my doughnuts on the way to work, great in locked 1st gear with the DSC off and just spinning round on the spot with the tiniest bit of throttle once you induce the grip loss which is a bugger with M+S tyres :D

Journey to work took forever as even though the road was mostly clear thanks to gritting a small queue developed not long from my home as an older megane up front (6 cars in front) was doing 5-10mph so i guess they were just crawling in 2nd/3rd. Finally got to the dual carriageway section and the snow was at least 1-2" so everyone stayed behind them.. I'd got bored by this point and knew that I'd be ok to do about 15-25mph along it especially on fresh snow with much better traction than the 2wd affairs in front of me so slid out and gently mooched past them.

about 30seconds later after passing them all and moving in someone in a golf 4motion came flying past and the lights up ahead were green but then amber and red..... The golf squiggled all over the place as they obviously planted their foot to the floor and the ABS and TCS were on full alert. I just slipped across to sport mode and let off the accelerator and the car soon slowed down :)
When the lights began to change i heard the engine next to me in the golf and then it dropped very quick as the TCS obviously didn't want to die this evening and again it was struggling for grip. Me back in D just gently pushed the pedal allowing no more than 1700rpm and moved along at a decent enough space without any loss of traction :)

All with a heated Bum and Hands and with good old classic fm on the go :) Even better getting in and the car already being Toasty before the engine is cranked :D
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

I also LOVE driving in snow 8-) These were taken yesterday during a fun ride when it was (only) -26 ºC :)

PS: myglaren your pic of "2 Feet Of Snow Fell Today" gave me a big laugh, It was GREAT! :lol: :lol: :lol:

C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A bit here, perhaps an inch or so at best, but nothing major and a thaw seems to have set in...

It's an odd spot here in North Bucks. We never seem to ever have real extremes of weather. The whole country can be ten feet deep in snow and we can miss it completely...

The same can apply to sun, rain and wind...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

As I was walking Barney this morning I came across this family celebrating a birthday.

13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH