Stealers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Stealers

Post by Gregg1100 »

Just been on Hyundia Forum;

One of the MODS posted this;

Can we please refrain from calling dealers by the name 'Stealers.. No arguments on this one because you will be warned once then removed from the forums if you persist.

Admin

Isn't that what they are, lolol. Seems Hyundia have got the same exorbitant parts cost as Cit. :(

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Stealers

Post by Citroenmad »

I don't see why they are getting so petty about that, it makes no difference does it. For some parts you have to visit the dealers, so if they are cheap or expensive you still have to go there. No one can damage their reputation as much as they do themselves. Stealers is a good name for them :-D

Most dealers seem virtually unwilling to help, im sure most just tell me things are not available now because they can't be bothered to walk a few metres to the computer to check it out. Big chain Citroen dealers especially seem to have no interest in the cars they sell or the cars of the past. Something Citroen really need to do is improve their dealer network, its pretty poor in my experience.

£175 for a oil and filter change (first service) on a C1, definitely stealers! They washed the car but ive no idea why, it looked worse after they had finished as it was such a rush job. The car was only in there for an hour and a bit.

No sympathy for dealers from me, we should call them what we like! :-D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I think it is fairly universal Gregg.

Gets a bit wearisome hearing them called stealers all the time but no more than any other over-used sobriquet.
Hardly a reason for being banned anyway.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It's no different than calling a certain well-know high-street accessory shop Halfrauds is it? It's all in jest and no harm done.

The Hyundia forum mod must have rather a lot of times on his hands... His action is a bit petty in my opinion..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

maybe on the high and dry forum the users will have to revert to the use of a swear word instead of stealers :shock: :o :evil: :o
i spoz that MOD works a high and dry stealership,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:
i spoz that MOD works a high and dry stealership,

regards malcolm
I guess if the mod has time to get that petty Malcolm, chances are he doesn't have a job of any sort....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:I guess if the mod has time to get that petty Malcolm, chances are he doesn't have a job of any sort....
Oi! :evil: :lol:

He/she needs to get a life, the devil in me thinks how funny it would be if the members flooded the forum with "Stealer" posts. :idea: Hmmm, anyone else tempted to join the High and Dry forum?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Why not just use the forum censor to change stealer into dealer?
No need to threaten to ban anyone.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I guess if the mod has time to get that petty Malcolm, chances are he doesn't have a job of any sort....
Oi! :evil: :lol:
Sorry Richard :oops: :lol:

You're retired. That's a whole different kettle of fish :-D I phrases it wrongly and should have said he has far too much time on his hands. You're absolutely right, he does need to get a life...

Xac, I'd rather use the forum censor to change dealer to stealer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

DickieG wrote:He/she needs to get a life, the devil in me thinks how funny it would be if the members flooded the forum with "Stealer" posts. :idea: Hmmm, anyone else tempted to join the High and Dry forum?
that would certainly leave him/her HYUNDIA :roll: :twisted: :wink:

regards malcolm