Fruit pie computer

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

Fruit pie computer

Post by HDI »

Anyone here heard of a new computer about to hit the market called Raspberry Pi ?

it's cooler than a very cool thing, I won't say any more about it, see here for yourself :-

http://www.raspberrypi.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

**WARNING** For sad nerds only :-D
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
rabenson
My Cars:

Re: Fruit pie computer

Post by rabenson »

Developed by the guy who wrote Elite for the BBC micro.....
2007 C6 2,7 HDI exclusive 95k
2004 C5 VTR HDI 103k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Arrrghhh :evil: Linux :evil: Unclean. Take it from my sight... :vomit1:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Whats wrong with Linux Jim ??!! Anythings got to be better than Windows filth !! I'll be going Ubuntu shortly, I've had enough of Win 7 already !!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

HDI wrote:Whats wrong with Linux Jim ??!!
Nothing I'm sure. It's just I earn my meagre living in IT and I'm a Windows person to the core. Unix in any flavour gives me a headache... It's because I don't much play with Unix or Linux and when I have to it's a steep learning curve and I'm well outside my comfort zone. Windows on the other hand I've been involved with since Bill Gates was a lad and it's a happy, comfortable world for me even though keeping a big server farm running happily is a big, big and challenging job...

I'm sure Linux would be if I just got to know it a bit better...

In March I'm off for a week's training in Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation Integration and administration. Looking forward to that :-D

I find Windows 7 to be excellent. In fact it's absolutely excellent. A real big improvement on Vista and nearly as good as XP... As stable as a rock and professionally it gives me very little grief :-D

I love Bill Gates from the bottom of my heart. The products of his company keep me and many, many others in a job :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

HDI wrote:Whats wrong with Linux Jim ??!! Anythings got to be better than Windows filth !! I'll be going Ubuntu shortly, I've had enough of Win 7 already !!
I have some original 11.10 disks here if you would like one.
If so PM me your address.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I think i posted this up a while ago as it looks an amazing bit of kit for the money and will hopefully bring more programming skillz to this country which are sorely lacking in shcools at the minute. Jesus i remember having to use a BBC at school and tapes.... glad we have moved past them lol
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

KP wrote:I think i posted this up a while ago as it looks an amazing bit of kit for the money and will hopefully bring more programming skillz to this country which are sorely lacking in shcools at the minute. Jesus i remember having to use a BBC at school and tapes.... glad we have moved past them lol
When we got our Beeb dad splashed out and got the twin diskette drive monitor stand. One of his friends saw it and said "What do you want to waste money on those for? Tapes will be around for ages"
Thank goodness he was wrong! :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool