2CV Turbo and other old road test reports..

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

2CV Turbo and other old road test reports..

Post by Northern_Mike »

There's a chap who seems to have put many, many old CAR, MOTOR and Autocar magazine road tests up on Flickr.. while trawling through them today, I came across this. I remember reading it in CAR itself back in the 80s when I was at school! It might be of interest to some of our younger members...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's also some more of interest from the 80s in this lot here, look for yourselfs and you'll fine plenty of old French stuff - AX, GSA, various BXs and Visas, a couple of CX tests and various Pugs and Renaults.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/triggersca ... 806913780/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The full library can is divided up and can be found here..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/triggersca ... llections/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy reading!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: 2CV Turbo and other old road test reports..

Post by DickieG »

I found the road test for the M3 I actually owned in amongst that lot, brilliant memories of an awesome car :-D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You owned the M3 Richard :shock: Gosh...

I can't say it's awesome. That silly 50mph speed limit just past the M25 interchange and Fleet Services are awful - they have Starbucks coffee for one thing :evil: I can't blame you for getting rid of it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:You owned the M3 Richard :shock: Gosh...

I can't say it's awesome. That silly 50mph speed limit just past the M25 interchange and Fleet Services are awful - they have Starbucks coffee for one thing :evil: I can't blame you for getting rid of it...
:lol: I wish I did own that M3 and Fleet services, ker-ching :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:
CitroJim wrote:You owned the M3 Richard :shock: Gosh...

:lol: I wish I did own that M3 and Fleet services, ker-ching :lol:
I'd hope you'd make Fleet Services sell Costa Coffee if you did, and dump that horrible Starbucks rubbish...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:I'd hope you'd make Fleet Services sell Costa Coffee if you did, and dump that horrible Starbucks rubbish...
Is there a difference? I never buy Designer/Tarts coffee :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:
CitroJim wrote:I'd hope you'd make Fleet Services sell Costa Coffee if you did, and dump that horrible Starbucks rubbish...
Is there a difference? I never buy Designer/Tarts coffee :lol:
Oh yes :-D Costa is as smooth as a CX on comfort spheres whereas Starbucks is all bitter and aggressive; like an Audi...

I only drink it at services as you just cannot get a decent cuppa in those places. Decent tea is not a cheapo catering teabag dropped in a cardboard cup with those little sachets of UHT milk. The biggest problem though is the cardboard cup. Use a proper mug and a decent teabag and even with UHT milk it's quite acceptable, especially when grafting on a certain XM I know of :wink:

Tea must be made from decent tea, served in a proper china mug with proper milk.
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
I only drink it at services as you just cannot get a decent cuppa in those places. Decent tea is not a cheapo catering teabag dropped in a cardboard cup with those little sachets of UHT milk. The biggest problem though is the cardboard cup. Use a proper mug and a decent teabag and even with UHT milk it's quite acceptable, especially when grafting on a certain XM I know of :wink:

Tea must be made from decent tea, served in a proper china mug with proper milk.
Can you not fit an urn in Rattiva, perhaps fired by a spare Eberspacher, and carry a stash of teabags with you Jim?
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Costa can be hit and miss, sometimes it's as bad as starbucks.
Now Wetherspoons do LaVazza coffee and it is nice (this coming from an anosmic supertaster who normally can't stand coffee without a pint if milk and 6 sugars) but best of all it isn't overpriced!
The free wifi helps too
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Activa_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:

Can you not fit an urn in Rattiva, perhaps fired by a spare Eberspacher, and carry a stash of teabags with you Jim?
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

for the love of god don't give Jim ideas.

You know he'd do it as well.....

Jim there's always a cup of tea while spannering at the Citroen Service Centre
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Jim is on the money, if you don't drink coffee but hot chocolate and a caramel slice costa is miles ahead of Starbucks. Various business trips all over this god forsaken country and occasional re-tests always prove this to me, mallows and sprinkles in a grande ht chocolate can't be beaten at 4am dashes across land :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:for the love of god don't give Jim ideas.

You know he'd do it as well.....
Too late, the idea has been given :-D :wink:
KP wrote:Jim is on the money, if you don't drink coffee but hot chocolate and a caramel slice costa is miles ahead of Starbucks. Various business trips all over this god forsaken country and occasional re-tests always prove this to me, mallows and sprinkles in a grande ht chocolate can't be beaten at 4am dashes across land :-D
It's always a latte for me Will... I was always rather peeved that the take away cups are not good for keeping a bit for later in any journey. The Xantia cup holders not being up to it so I reckon I've solved that one. I have a Costa insulated cup now, one of those like a small thermos flask with a resealable lid...

It'll be road-tested soon...
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:The Xantia cup holders.........
A Xantia has cup holders? Where!?

I usually keep my Costa/Starbucks cardboard cup stuffed between the passenger seat and door, down in the gap. Seems to hold it there securely. I wasn't aware there were other cup holders!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote:
CitroJim wrote:The Xantia cup holders.........
A Xantia has cup holders? Where!?

In the glove box on a MK2 Mike. Two round depressions to hold cup bases and a pen holder. The pen holder is broken in Rattiva, unsurprisingly...

Only Citroen would put cup holders inside a glove box :roll: They're useless really...
Jim