STOLEN

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: STOLEN

Post by Xaccers »

DickieG wrote:The trouble with having an MX5 is everytime you get out of it you'll be asked what you're doing driving your wife's car, my mate's got one and he regularly gets asked the that question :twisted:
Before Danielle and I got together, someone tried to impress her by saying he had a TT, to which she replied "Isn't that a bit of a girl's car?" :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:
DickieG wrote:The trouble with having an MX5 is everytime you get out of it you'll be asked what you're doing driving your wife's car, my mate's got one and he regularly gets asked the that question :twisted:
Before Danielle and I got together, someone tried to impress her by saying he had a TT, to which she replied "Isn't that a bit of a girl's car?" :D
I had that question posed to me on a few occasions when I drove a Rover 100...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Oh yeah the MX5 is a girls car for sure, but they are rather fun to throw around and reliable, i didnt say i would want to be seen in one though :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What - a girl?
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Re:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

addo wrote:What - a girl?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I was never asked why I was driving my wife's car when I had either of my MX-5s. I was regularly asked if I could cut someone's hair though :-)
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xac wrote:
My best friend from school, who's still a close friend, was the only kid in our class interested in cars/as useless at sport as me, and who used to share car magazines with me (He'd buy CAR, I'd buy Motor/Autocar and Autoexpress and we'd share them). Well, it turned out that he is gay. I must point out that this does not bother me one jot, it is not my business, and it is simply 100% unimportant and irrelevant to me. (He can be a bit overly PC and loony lefty which we do argue about but that's life!)

Anyway, he's driven BMW MINIs for the last 10 years or so, written one off by rolling it down a Welsh mountainside when it was a week old, is involved with the owners club and so on. When it came to replacement time, it was suggested that he got an Audi TT. His answer - "No way, they're such a poof's car"....
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Deanxm wrote:Oh yeah the MX5 is a girls car for sure, but they are rather fun to throw around and reliable, i didnt say i would want to be seen in one though :lol:

D
I used to use mine in winter a lot with the roof down. I found a woolly hat, pulled down over my ears, jacket with collar up to my ears, and a pair of good big sunglasses solved the problem of being seen in one..
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Activa_Mike wrote:When it came to replacement time, it was suggested that he got an Audi TT. His answer - "No way, they're such a poof's car"....
I don't know about them being a poof's car, I look at them as being more of a Drug Dealers car :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Not round here. :lol: They're seen as a Beetle with tickets on itself.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote: I look at them as being more of a Drug Dealers car :lol:
I thought all the dealers used Imprezas or chavved up M3-replicas down your area :-p
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My son in law had a mate with an MX-5 that he modded up to Eunos spec.
SIL also thought they were hairdresser/girly cars (and my daughter was an hairdresser at the time) until he got to ride in it.
I think he still has cold sweats thinking about it.

I sometimes entertain the fantasy of a
But it will probably remain a fantasy too.
Unless there is an estate car version :)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Activa_Mike wrote:We removed the lock from my brother's that has a GSA motor in it so we could mount the ignition key elsewhere. Our original idea was to just break the lock, as above, and leave it so it looked original ( there were other reasons for re-siting it). We couldn't break it, so ended up removing it completely in the correct manner, which was a total PITA as I remember.
all you need to disarm the steering lock on a DERSH is a 7mm spanner and an allen key, you dont need to remove the ignition lock at all,

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

myglaren wrote:...Unless there is an estate car version :)
How about a Nissan Stagea, then? Or a Mitsubishi RVR Hypergear?
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Mitsubishi Galant/legnum VR4 is the answer not an fTslOw.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............