STOLEN

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

STOLEN

Post by citronut »

copied this from the CCC forum thought it should get lots of coverage

http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk/drupal ... f=5&t=7724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Re: STOLEN

Post by citronut »

didnt work help please admin

stolen 2CV

regards malcolm
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

See here for the stolen 2cv
people have to log onto ccc website otherwise.

I do hope it is recovered although to steal such a distinctive car you either have to be dumb, in which case it should be retrieved or its out of the country and will never be seen again :(

Best of luck though, i really hope its the former.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

thanks D

its not my car though im just trying to spread the word after seeing the thread on the CCC forum,

as the more coverage it gets the thiveing little toe rags might get caught :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:as the more coverage it gets the thiveing little toe rags might get caught :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
One can only hope Malcolm.

I reaklly hope this car is recovered intact. I really cannot understand the theft of a 2CV either :?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:
citronut wrote:as the more coverage it gets the thiveing little toe rags might get caught :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
One can only hope Malcolm.

I reaklly hope this car is recovered intact. I really cannot understand the theft of a 2CV either :?
When I first got into Citroens, my colleague who introduced me to them had a green 2CV which he loved. He mentioned that there had been a Top Gear bit on car thefts where they had a tame cartheif break into vehicles against the clock (Top Gear being interesting back then).
Whist most cars he could get in and break the steering lock rather quickly, with the "joke" 2CV he got in within seconds but could not break the steering lock, ending up bending the steering wheel. Anyone know if that's true?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

That is a real shame, it looks stunning. I do hope they find it, and in the same condition too.

2cvs are worth money, good money if they are good cars, all the reason for someone to steal it.

The lady who used to have our 2cv said she would never lock the car, as who would want to steal it? She also said she often left the keys in, as if someone did jump in it, they wouldnt know how to drive it :lol: Its now kept locked and out of sight!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Citroenmad wrote:2cvs are worth money, good money if they are good cars
Not sure if the words in that sentence go together, 2CV + worth good money + good car :? (runs off wearing tin hat) :twisted: :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

its better than being dragged to you destination on your face though Richard :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Post by Citroening »

I can't get my head around prices of 2CVs TBH. For example, there's a lot of them up for money that is more than top spec and condition CXs - how? :-k A CX Prestige or GTi Turbo 2 has more going for it IMO than a 2CV of more money...

Admittedly Visa's aren't the best I know although prices are cheap, which I like... :-D :lol: Although they are starting to creep up slowly.

Each to their own I suppose...
Franklin
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

The best 2cvs can sell for £8000>, quite strong money really. Even Renault 4s are increasing in value.

Depends what you want in a car Franklin, the same thing gets a bit boring after a while.

The 2cv is just so simple and a bit mad, its so much fun to hoon about in, its really got the grin factor, just because its a silly car. They get loads of looks and comments, are very simple to maintain and I love the simplicity of it. If one thing on the 2cv was removed, it would no longer function as a car.

I was dubious about them but they are so much fun and unlike any other car, its excellent.

I use ours mainly around town, its perfect for that and so much more fn than jumping into a modern car. Im looking forward to better weather when I can potter about in it with the roof back.

No modern car gives the same grin factor. Ok so some cars are quite fast, but that is not reason enough to make you grin! I can never stop smiling (often laughing) when im driving the 2cv.

I can see why people wouldnt like them, there are many reasons why people would hate the, but if you take it for the car it is, its a very good experience, they really grow on you if you give them a chance.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

pluss theres more chance of getting one going again on the side of the road than a modern euro box, that has no character and full of complicated electricary,
also you can buy every single nut and bolt probably easier and quicker than you can for a current car,

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Michael loved his (hope he still has it).
He cycled to work so really only used it at the weekends and for long jouneys/cycling holidays. It'd do 69mpg and 70mph if he was feeling brave.
Back in '97 his annual total car expendature was under £500
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:. It'd do 69mpg and 70mph if he was feeling brave.
Doing any sort of MPG in a 2CV is an act of bravery :lol:

I
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i quite offten followed my daughter up motorways doing 85**H,
trouble is the speedo only goes up to 70 with a pin to stop the needle going further :shock: :twisted:

Jim i think you realy need to drive one then, as they dont feel unsafe at motorway speed,

regards malcolm