Mass culling at Renault. Thoughts?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Mass culling at Renault. Thoughts?

Post by Citroenmad »

KP wrote: I'd love to test the DS5 but i think without Hydro and the extra weight of all thats on board the ride will suffer :(
If only they had made it a real Citroen with proper suspenion aqnd not coils and shocks :twisted:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Here here :D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There was a C5 based diesel hybrid prototype/concept puttering around a while back.
Clearly not going to be put into production :(
mark_n

Post by mark_n »

I would be very highly surprised if you can't turn off the Hybrid Synergy Drive on a Prius for servicing and such like. My Honda Insight hybrid has a switch in the boot to turn off the hybrid drive for when the car needs servicing. Sounds fishy to me.
myglaren wrote:
In other news, someone at work was telling me about the Prius, which has now hit it's first MOT.
Minories of Durham are refusing to work on them as three MOT testers have been injured on them while checking the wheels.
Rotate the wheel slightly and the motors start up and spin the wheel. A broken arm and two broken wrists so far.
Also the sills carry the current for the batteries and motors and could cause injuries if defective.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Can a testing station refuse to carry out an MOT on a clean vehicle with no obvious faults?
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

They blackballed the Prius here after testers were injured when the wheels started turning during tests on the hoist.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Perfectly understandable from the testers' point of view, but where would an owner stand if he couldn't get his car MOT'd, despite it's meeting Construction & Use requirements? It would be interesting to get VOSA's views on this one!
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Clogzz wrote:They blackballed the Prius here after testers were injured when the wheels started turning during tests on the hoist.
As if they weren't hateful enough already. There's nothing I enjoy more than bullying Prius' in my 3.0 V6.
French is best.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I guess if you had to be a Prius owner, you could take it to Toyota for MOTs. Who should know what they are doing and should (well, I doubt that really) and should not refuse to MOT them.

Why on earth anyone would like a Prius is a mystery to me, its less economical than a mid sized diesel hatchback and costs a fortune to buy. Then when the batteries need replacing, that is a lot of expense again and the recycling and remanufacturing involved needs to be considered. Its certainly not a 'green' car in my opinion. If it must be a tree hugging motor with low emissions and running costs, then something like a Golf Bluemotion or Focus Econetic would be a far better car to own.

Diesel hybrids make more sense, however as a town car I would question that, due to the diesel particulate filters.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10