New MOT Rules

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: New MOT Rules

Post by CitroJim »

I suppose they need these shakers to ensure the car is up to the task of negotiating all the potholes we have these days :roll:

Maybe a pothole was the inspiration for such a device...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Are not the euro zone MOT's done every 2 years-- harmonization my arse ???. The vosa police will want it all ways.
How does that affect my exhaust on the Xantia TD.? When did they ACTUALLY move the goalposts in regard to cats not being a legal requirement on a diesel in this country.?
I don't want to have to put on a piece of useless equipment which makes a vehicle run worse, less economical and costs me more money to replace.
Car makers put a cat on a car whether it needs one or not, cos they can buy a job lot cheaper than cats or no cats.
Anyone want a S2 Xantia 1.9TD ??

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

When we voted to join EU back in 1970, we were NOT told that we would be taking directives, orders, call it what you will, from Brussels. That being the case, why do we need 650 + mp's and all the hangers on.
A MOT garage will again have to upgrade their equipment, which will mean more being charged for the test. The brain dead eurotwats are trying it on with motorcycles too. This country has gone too soft---eu says jump, we say how high. Tell them to p**s off, they can try to fine us, tell them to p off again, we ain't paying. What are they going to do then. Send us all the straightened bananas, or non Eccles cakes.?

If I have to get a cat back on my Xantia, coupled with £230+ road tax, it will go. Either scrapped or sold, don't care which now. It is still MOT'd till May 2012.
Tesco have just opened up an Express within 100 yards of me, and if I need a car to go anywhere special, I can hire one- so don't really need one now.
Will have to put eu second on list of things that p**s me off. :cry:
:) :shock:

nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Fortunately the presence of a cat is only going to be checked on petrols now, not diesels.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/M ... Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note it is only a requirement for spark ignition engines, not compression ignition. The original proposals were that it would include diesels too, but that was scrapped at quite a late stage.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

nick wrote:Fortunately the presence of a cat is only going to be checked on petrols now, not diesels.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/M ... Manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note it is only a requirement for spark ignition engines, not compression ignition. The original proposals were that it would include diesels too, but that was scrapped at quite a late stage.
Just think how many wind turbines that could have been powered by the collective sigh from reading that :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

If that is right, and I will check at my local MOT place before I do anything about the Xant, then yes, a huge sigh of relief, lol.
EU still second on my list of things that p**s me off though. :mrgreen:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Gregg1100 wrote:If that is right, and I will check at my local MOT place before I do anything about the Xant, then yes, a huge sigh of relief, lol.
EU still second on my list of things that p**s me off though. :mrgreen:
What's first on your list Greg or should I not ask?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Top of list is brain dead designers-- who but them can turn a simple design into a diabolical nightmare.
Ref;
1-Heater matrix- pull it out aka Bx
2- Engine moved 2"to left of car to make timing belt more accessible
3-Rear ABS lead renewal-no need to go all round the subframe as it does- better still, NO abs
Can't write anymore- losing the will to live here, just thinking about design cockups. :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: