Reliable courier service to send Citroen parts

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

handyman
My Cars:

Reliable courier service to send Citroen parts

Post by handyman »

Anybody got any recommendations for a reliable courier/carrier service for sending Citroen parts? Can anybody comment on Parcels2Go, either good or bad? Has been mentioned by a friend to me.

Handyman
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Re: Reliable courier service to send Citroën parts

Post by JohnD »

I've used Parcels2Go several times for sending ebay sales but they only act as agents for other carriers. Recently I've been using MyHermes. They are reasonably priced and so far have proved to be reliable.
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hi John, thats interesting as I had booked Hermes to collect through Parcel2Go and twice now they have failed to collect! :shock: :shock:

After contacting Parcel2GO and getting a load of platitudes about rebooking collections and buck passing, I get the impression that they are a bunch of cowboys masquerading as a courier business.

I knew I should have booked directly with a courier rather than a go-between. #-o #-o #-o

Handyman
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

TBH, most couriers are the same as far as lack of service is concerned.
It's important to note that often collection isn't guaranteed for a particular date, but they claim 95% (or whatever) are collected when requested. I'm fortunate in being able to safely leave parcels for collection in my front porch, so I don't have to wait in.
P2G are OK, I've used them many times, and they've improved in recent years. They are indeed only middlemen, but the advantage is that the end user gets their large bulk contract rate with the couriers, plus their own mark-up of course. I get the impression that communication between their web software and the carriers' systems is clunky and somewhat unreliable, which is most often the cause of problems. I recently booked two parcels, and ended up with 16 order numbers!
Parcelmonkey are similar, and sometimes cheaper.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Hi Rich,
for overseas, I use transglobal. org.. been good..

P2G i have used, and I think interparcel.. they are all just agents really..

John
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

UPS came to my rescue in the end. I do prefer them as they do perform, always on time, always courteous.

In the end I had to threaten Parcel2Go with court action to get my money back. No money back in my bank account by tomorrow morning means they'll get a set of nice Court papers off me for Christmas, along with a hefty Court fee to settle! Totally unnessecary procrastination on their part. Do they just do it for a hobby, winding up ex-customers?

I was steggered to see how much negative information there was about them on t'Net. 8-[

Handyman