Jag - roen ?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Dippy
My Cars:

Jag - roen ?

Post by Dippy »

A friend has recently aqquired a Jag S- type fitted with the 2.7 Diesel Lump

Sublime - is putting it mildly 8-)

Is this motor a variant of the Cit/Pug/Ford/LR motor ?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Jag - roen ?

Post by DickieG »

Yes the engine is the PSA unit, I felt like I was Chad driving the S Type due to the low seats and very high waistline :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

Not had the pleasure of driving it , but I am 6' - 3" , the wrong side of 17 stones and possess no visible signs of intelligence , I may not fit behind the wheel anyway ?

Don't think He would bee too keen letting me have a go , given my predetermined disposition towards finding the rev limiter in each gear , and since it's got a Pussy on the bonnet - in the manner it was originally intended ?

Just sniffing the Pussy's interior does it fer me old luv...... did I just say that !
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Screw the diesel, they come with a 4.0 V8!!! :)
French is best.
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

R9UKE wrote:Screw the diesel, they come with a 4.0 V8!!! :)
The S-Type R has a 4.2 Supercharged V8.

It is on my shortlist of potential replacements for the Coupé and Activa. :wink:
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Toby_HDi wrote:
R9UKE wrote:Screw the diesel, they come with a 4.0 V8!!! :)
The S-Type R has a 4.2 Supercharged V8.

It is on my shortlist of potential replacements for the Coupé and Activa. :wink:
Not an S-Type R, just an S 2.5.
Belonged to my youngest grandson's other granddad who died a couple of weeks ago. Only 60.
Was going to be donated to the church pastor where his wife goes (Brian was a heathen, like the rest of the family).
The pastor graciously declined, partly as it is a bit on the salty side for tax, insurance fuel and other running expenses and partly as it may have created friction in the congregation.
So it went to WeBuyAnyCar Oh NO!
They offered £1300 on the phone then started picking faults with it when it got there, knocking the price down - imaginary faults as Brian kept it in pristine condition.

I don't know what it went for, it was his daughter took it there and phoned her mother to say what a dick the bloke there was but Sheila was so upset at the sight of the car outside she just wanted it gone, the memory was too painful.

I would have bought it although I didn't particularly want it, it would have been sold on to someone who would appreciate it and pay a reasonable price for it.
Saddens me indescribably - mainly because Brian was such a great bloke, had never had a day of sick in his life but was diagnosed 10 months ago with asbestosis which had triggered lung cancer Never smoked either. He's just bought a Harley too, rode it once.

My daughter would have had it but was a bit scared of the costs, as above. She was the only one that Brian would allow to drive it, his own kids were excluded as he didn't trust them with it. Has to be said that she is an excellent driver and is very much at home in large cars, that seem to scare the majority of lady drivers.