micro engines

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Dippy
My Cars:

Re: micro engines

Post by Dippy »

CitroJim wrote:
Dippy wrote:God forbid I am ever labelled as " sensible "

There are only 3 types of persons that scrape my nadgers :

Those who take themselves too seriously

Those who take life too seriously

Both of the above .
Same here :) Agreed fully on all points.. I'd just like to add one more: Health and Safety zealots...

I was perhaps wrong, in retrospect, in using the word 'sensible' in my original post.

All I'm trying to say is that if you are going to exhibit a nicely restored vintage engine then make an effort to exhibit it doing the kind of work it would have been doing when it was earning its living. Otherwise it's no more than a freak show, an idle curiosity with no value at all.

As for health and safety, what's wrong with building a hayrick or sawing up trees to demonstrate these engines working? Last time I saw a display of these engines, looking pathetically sad I might add, they were behind and impenetrable barrier of 'Heras' fencing anyway which added to their sadness. They looked like prisoners...

No Jim - You weren't wrong - I had managed to wind myself up ( again) about our Big Brother - Killjoy Society :evil: and should have sat on my hands for a while :wink:
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

more mini engine pr0n

http://wimp.com/tiniestengine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:more mini engine pr0n

http://wimp.com/tiniestengine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's great Chris :-D I particularly enjoyed it because it showed a bit of the machining that went into it. Turning the crankshaft on the lathe was a work of art in its own right...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

I too also love anything like this,always have done and probly alas will :)

Allen Millyard's a fascinating chap,loved his hybrid Kawasaki KH 2 stroke engines from day one,

not micro engines but great engineering all the same 8-) :

More on Allen Millyard here 8-)

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/featu ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...