Happy Birthday M25!!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Happy Birthday M25!!!!

Post by CitroJim »

The M25 is 25 years old today...

It was in 1986 that Margaret Thatcher, bless her, opened the last section and thus making an orbital motorway around old London Town...

So that's 25 years of traffic jams and untold misery for millions. Thanks Maggie!!!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: Happy Birthday M25!!!!

Post by Xaccers »

"Many phenomena — wars, plagues, sudden audits — have been advanced as evidence for the hidden hand of Satan in the affairs of man, but whenever students of demonology get together the M25 London orbital motorway is generally agreed to be among the top contenders for exhibit A."

I must dig out my copy of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimon, it's got some cracking footnotes:
"Note for Americans and other aliens: Milton Keynes is a new city approximately halfway between London and Birmingham. It was built to be modern, efficient, healthy, and, all in all, a pleasant place to live. Many Britons find this amusing." -Good Omens
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool