Trolley Damage!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you weren't married, would you apply the same rationale to dating? :lol:
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Trolley Damage!!!

Post by Deanxm »

there's no doubt it would be easier Adam....................

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Hi Dean

Not as safe as you think.
Do not let Tesco's near the XM.
Delivery man with big stack of boxes staggered into the wing mirror on the way to the front door.
Broke both parts of the mirror shell.

John
Xmexclusive
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote:None of our local supermarkets have trolley control, they are all coinless.

People leave them all over the place, some people even treat is as a company vehicle and take the thing home with them! Obviously I do avoid supermarkets in such lucrative areas! :twisted:

My main concern is the door denters, the poeple who open their door without a care in the world hitting the door of the car next to it. I see this happen so often,
Going back 5 or 6 years now, I was sat in a car with my friend, we were parked up in Tesco in Loudwater. We were in a Skoda Favorit.

Guy in a BMW pulls into the next space, and promptly opens his door and hits my friend's car with it. My friend wound his window down and asked him to be careful, only to get a mouthful of abuse and told that "It's only a sh!tty old car, what are you worried about?"

My friend eyed up the BMW, and said "yep, you're right, it is". Then promptly SMASHED his door into the BMW 4 or 5 times, leaving plenty of damage and a nice pleat all the way down it. The BMW man got a bit mad, until my friend, who is a 6'5", 18 stone Goth, with the whole leather/big motorcycle boots thing going on uncoiled himself from his crouched position and got out of the car..
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Activa_Mike wrote: Going back 5 or 6 years now, I was sat in a car with my friend, we were parked up in Tesco in Loudwater. We were in a Skoda Favorit.

Guy in a BMW pulls into the next space, and promptly opens his door and hits my friend's car with it. My friend wound his window down and asked him to be careful, only to get a mouthful of abuse and told that "It's only a sh!tty old car, what are you worried about?"

My friend eyed up the BMW, and said "yep, you're right, it is". Then promptly SMASHED his door into the BMW 4 or 5 times, leaving plenty of damage and a nice pleat all the way down it. The BMW man got a bit mad, until my friend, who is a 6'5", 18 stone Goth, with the whole leather/big motorcycle boots thing going on uncoiled himself from his crouched position and got out of the car..
:lol: That is excellent!

If everyone took this mentality it could well stops the door creasers from offending in the first place.

Im so paranoid about getting dinks in my car doors that I have my own space at work, over the keep clear sign with fences both sides. :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Citroenmad wrote: Im so paranoid about getting dinks in my car doors that I have my own space at work, over the keep clear sign with fences both sides. :lol:
Doesn't bother me with the usual tat I drive - but having recently bought a nice Berlingo, I've taken to parking it at the end of the supermarket car parks where no one else is, then it doesn't get dinged.

People at work are well aware what will happen if they ding my car :-)