Refused CCC discount at GSF

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Refused CCC discount at GSF

Post by red_dwarfers »

Just been in to try and buy up some bits at GSF to be told by the manager that they don't accept CCC discount?! Maybe the last 3 years and hundreds of pounds I've spent have all been a dream :twisted:

He showed me the list of clubs on his computer and well I'm damned, we're not on there. Anyone had a similar experience? Vince, any chance you could check your list just in case he was looking at the wrong one?

I felt a bit narked having had a bit of a stressful day at work and making a special journey in to Exeter hoping to calm myself down with a bit of spannering this evening. I think I'll have to go on a long walk instead :(
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a bummer Kev :( Nothing should get between a man and his spannering... You should sue him for mental anguish and shoe leather wear.

I've just checked in this month's Citroenian and it is there as bold as brass - 10% Discount at GSF.

I'd go back with this month's rag and stick it under his nose and say "'Ere mush, read this and give me my 10% or else, see this sphere I have in my hand? It'll be where the sun don't shine in a minute..."

I'm sure he'll then see reason...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Kev, have you posted this on the CCC forum?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

DickieG wrote:Kev, have you posted this on the CCC forum?
I have done, it'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully it's something that can be sorted with a quick phone call :)
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
gadgetgricey

Post by gadgetgricey »

Dont know if they stock the items you are after (or even if there is one close to you), but Eurocarparts currently have a 25% discount in operation.

Using code CRAZY25

But it expires tonight, so about 1.5 hours left.

Thought it may be of some use.

Cheers

- Dave -
C8 - Petrol Auto (Love the electronic doors)
Xantia Hdi Exclusive Estate (gone but not forgotten)
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Hi Kev,

I cant remember the last time i saw or was issued with a list of club discounts......trust me its not something that the company ever updates one way or the other.

Its down to branches themselves how they handle these enquries though overall GSF supports many clubs....the CCC included :wink:

Jim has the best idea.....present the Citroenian article and job done....education for him complete :)

I wish you guys all lived near me and shopped at my branch....you would love our service :) "it is old, wierd or hydraulic?....we love you...come on lets see what we can do for you" :lol:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

vince wrote:I wish you guys all lived near me and shopped at my branch....you would love our service :) "it is old, wierd or hydraulic?....we love you...come on lets see what we can do for you" :lol:
Simple, you'll have to move Vince, Heathrow, Slough or Greenford branches will suit me just fine :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Vince, please open one in Milton Keynes. Specifically in the north of the city... We have nothing in the north of the city at all bar one big factor who has a virtual monopoly; everything is concentrated down sarf in this fair city...

The Luton and Norfampton branches are functionally inaccessible from Milton Keynes and may as well be on Jupiter...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:Vince, please open one in Milton Keynes. Specifically in the north of the city... We have nothing in the north of the city at all bar one big factor who has a virtual monopoly; everything is concentrated down sarf in this fair city...

The Luton and Norfampton branches are functionally inaccessible from Milton Keynes and may as well be on Jupiter...
I'd settle for one in newport pagnell, close enough for me and jim then
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

I can make the suggestion guys..... :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Thanks for the input, I'll pop in again next week and make sure it's not too near the end of the day, armed with a magazine just in case. I get the feeling that this particular manager is one that is never usually seen by customers, certainly not all that hot on Citroens either!
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Never usually seen by customers? Ive been on the counter nearly all day this week.....to be a good manager i think its vital to personally serve your customers on a regular basis....You can talk to them and ask how they generally find the store when they come in.

Maybe thats why my branches do well :wink: Its not rocket science is it....I actually prefer serving customers than doing accounts or anything else.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

It all comes back to the old alleged saying that 60 odd percent of managers can't manage properly. I've never seen this one before, usually the 2 or 3 same blokes every time serving people, though there is always the chance that every time I go in he happens to be out the back.
Once I've gone and got these bits, I may write a formal letter to the branch and CCC explaining my concerns on the discount front along with a few CCC related advertisements in the GSF letter.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

CitroJim wrote:Vince, please open one in Milton Keynes. Specifically in the north of the city... We have nothing in the north of the city at all bar one big factor who has a virtual monopoly; everything is concentrated down sarf in this fair city...

I text Jim the other day, the new GSF Milton Keynes branch should be open within a couple of months.....along with GSF Bedford.

Hopefully they will have decent staff in there who know their cars :wink: