Oil Pressure Gauge (Peugeot 405/309)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Oil Pressure Gauge (Peugeot 405/309)

Post by addo »

I am puzzled.

The Mi16 has a Jaeger pressure sender that appears very factory (by amount of grime around it).

There is no pressure gauge on the instrument panel for any Series 1 405 model. Also there appears to be taped inside the wiring harness, a spade connector for this sender.

Did the 309 with this same engine, have an oil pressure gauge? Or was there a genuine add-on gauge pack for either model?

Thanks, Adam.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Is the sender a fattish white cylinder with one terminal on it Adam?

If so then yes, that'll be the factory sender. Also, the more sporting 309s were fitted with the 205GTi instruments which included an oil pressure gauge so yes.

Never knew of an RHD Mi16 309 although one was available in LHD. All we right-hookers had was the 1.9 GTi, a seriously lovely car, especially in its Goodwood guise...

Those Jeager senders were notoriously unreliable and about as accurate as the BBC weather forecast...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...