Cutting it Fine...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Cutting it Fine...

Post by addo »

Out in the 605 today for a ramble, testing the cruise control after repair (bellows had come apart so I removed, cleaned, shined the bellows with rubber grease and degrunged their bracket). Drove a little under 150 miles, and towards the end, my trip computer stopped showing fuel remaining - last volume displayed was 4 litres.

Anyhow, maybe ten minutes later I'm motoring along and it starts to stumble and chug. I flick on the hazards and cruise along with minimum throttle in the breakdown lane. :? Just as it's starting to really look dire, a service station is spotted.

A brief blip on the pedal and I'm shooting towards the slip lane - do I have enough petrol and momentum to get me round a hard left and up the steep ramp? YES!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

:shock: :cry: Then there's a massive queue. I do two gentle laps of the pumps looking for the shortest line, and pull in. Shut off the motor and wait.

Then of course, come time to move forward, the mongrel thing decides not to start. Won't crank. I'm guessing it's saying "No fuel, why bother?". Unplug the ignition driver, replug and success! Motor forward to the bowser, fill, pay and drive home.

Fuel gauge said 13 litres after I put in 12.8, so I can now fairly believe it when the trip confuser tells me volume remaining...

What an afternoon! The entertainment more than compensates for losing a bidding contest on Fleabay.