[Free] A couple of free things (server case and ps1)

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

[Free] A couple of free things (server case and ps1)

Post by spider »

Thanks Jim for the thread :)

I'm giving away a couple of things, if anyone is interested I wanted to put them on here first.

Note: Given my very, very busy schedule at the moment, these are collection only (please do not ask for postage etc, I could Ebay if I wanted to do that, but I'd rather give away to fellow FCF members) and I'd prefer collection either early-ish AM or after 8PM

Anyway first item is a Playstation 1, the smaller one. I had this new although its been rarely used and has been in its box for a year or two. Includes some games (a couple of which are still sealed) , also included are two memory cards, one controller, an extension lead for the controller and a scart cable (scart cable is a bit ropey but works) , obviously full working order. I powered it up last week and played GT2 for half an hour. :D

Big (old) pic so link only. I have more pics if needed.

Pic

Second item is a large Supermicro ATX server case. I brought this ages ago but I only wanted the board out of it. The case will accept standard ATX motherboards although they will look a bit lost in there. :lol: , it will take 12x12 server boards and anything smaller obviously.

Its clean (for a server case) and tidy. Includes a brand new DVD writer (server type, no audio) and a power supply. No hard drives. Some nice features such as hot swap drive fan etc.

I don't have a working camera (the PS1 pics are old) but its similar to this, if not this model > http://www.supermicro.com/products/chas ... 2i-300.cfm , cannot be 100% sure as no SM case I've ever seen has chassis model numbers. That does look very much like it though, compared to their other models.

It also has a Small Business Standard 2003 sticker on it too, so if you have the discs you have a licence.

Note its quite large and heavy, although not heavy for a server, it will be a surprise if you were expecting it to weigh the same as a normal tower case andhave not picked a server up before.

Please post here and PM me (the post allows first come first served) for more details if required.

I really could do with getting rid of these within a few days, certainly by next Monday at the latest. Anything still here by next Monday will go onto local FreeCycle / local paper so grab while you can.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider

Post by spider »

Surprised no one was interested, or perhaps too far away :D , I thought about Sales / Wanted but as its free did not seem quite appropriate hence choosing Chat.

Just a reminder I'll have to offer them elsewhere by the weekend if no one here is interested, ;) no problem either way but wanted to offer fellow FCF members first.
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

Update: Case gone (well, reserved) elsewhere now.
Andy.