More MOTs

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

More MOTs

Post by JohnD »

Feeling over the moon today. Took the third of our cars - the 306Pug for its MOT this morning and after having fitted new wheel cylinders and shoes on the back axle, I'm relieved that it's over with for another year. That's the Saxo, the C5 and the 306 all within the last month. Now for the Xsara at the end of June. Just ordered its new discs and pads from ECS. What it is to have a house full of daughters :roll:
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Always good news when the car sails through without issues :D

Three of ours are due in September, thats going to be a busy month! Another around Christmas, not a good time to have an MOT I dont think.

Our 6H flew through its MOT last month.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Citroenmad wrote:Always good news when the car sails through without issues :D

Three of ours are due in September, thats going to be a busy month! Another around Christmas, not a good time to have an MOT I dont think.

Our 6H flew through its MOT last month.
Regarding the Christmas test given that one can get it done early, I.E. in the month before it's due, where should it pass then the new test gets the benefit of the time left.

As Christmas is such a busy time I would use that facility to reset the date, so as one could concentrate on the "joys of Christmas," get the shopping in :wink: or put your feet up!

Or if it's done prior to the time one month in advance, then one does not gain the extra carryover, but then if say it was done in October then problem solved, as it's now moved even further away from the busy period, and then you can have a break in November. :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

As I tend to keep cars for several years I've started MOTing them to get a test anniversary when it's convenient for me now, even if it means overlapping with the previous MOT by several months. I even first MOT'd my current car when it was 2.5 years old rather than 3 as it means from now on its got a test anniversary right in the middle of summer rather than right in the middle of winter.

I owned my Xantia for 7 years with a test due each late December and the date made it a pain in the rear every single time, not just due to Xmas but also work committments and frequently bad weather. It can be a problem getting diesels hot enough to test the emissions properly in the winter too, specially with newer direct injection engines.
After that I said no more and have always MOT'd in the summer since then.