Oh Dear, it makes me want to cry...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

At least if they're unreliable people will be able to blame cheap Chinese manufacturing instead of shoddy British Engineering :lol:
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chlorate wrote:At least if they're unreliable people will be able to blame cheap Chinese manufacturing instead of shoddy British Engineering :lol:
Or both!!!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Do you have to stop every 500 miles and apply a few drops of oil to the transaxle intermediate bearing (assuming they provide a little porthole in the footwell carpet for this)?
stedmancinques
My Cars:

Post by stedmancinques »

Well, I had an MG when I was a student. YB 1 1/4 Saloon in BRG. Bought it in 1969 for £17/10s., sold it after 4 years and a lot of fun for £35. Thought I'd done well......
Went on to a Wolesley 6/110. Cost me £7/10s. (He wanted £10, but I beat him down, on account of the general pervasiveness of tin worm).
Then there was the oil crisis......... :oops:
1964 DS 19
1973 Ami 8
1982 GSA Break
1981 GSA C-matic
1997 Xantia Auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i thought the demise of British manufactureing was due to the manufacturers not ploughing money back into plant and machinery soon enough,

so the Japs walked all over us whilst we were still useing dark age equipment,

and then the handbag wielding lady???? sold every thing that was worth selling out to who ever would buy it,

regards malcolm