Annoyed

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

They got back in touch jolly quickly Andy :D I'd imagine it's a full-time job dealing with claims from bin lorry damage and they have someone dedicated to the task...

Back 19 years ago when we lived in Australia, they introduced wheeliebins. Bins in the tropical north were a constant problem both from odours and the fauna of various sorts, mainly flying and crawling, that they attracted. To assist the problem bins were emptied twice a week in the middle of the night. It was hoped the wheelies would help cut the problems and reduce the collection to one a week, still in the small hours... generally it helped, but not much...

Anyway, the new bins arrived with instructions on how to use them. One instruction was strict on how the bins should be placed for collection by the lorry...

This may be apocryphal but according to good sources there was a lady who, every Tuesday evening, would take her wheelie for a long walk to the other end of the street. She was asked why one day.

"Well, the instructions say the bin should be placed three metres from the nearest tree. The nearest tree to me is the other end of the street!"

The phrase "at least" had been left out of the instructions...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

:lol:
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:The phrase "at least" had been left out of the instructions...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

were'z yu bin man, iz bin every were man comes to mind,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I bin all over the place Malcolm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I always put out my bins laden. (Observing the French system of plurals? :P )

Due to my work I usually also have charge of a customer's bins. We aim to get "on the level" with binman and mostly it works - when overloaded or full of questionable materials, it still gets emptied neatly.

Notwithstanding, somer years ago I did lose a Falcon to the bin truck (they did a runner, but the matte yellow paint was a dead giveaway). Operators here have a tarnished reputation on account of a small-but-conspicuous flow of driver busts, mainly for drink driving.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Just be thankful you don't have to manage nine bins!.
I only have two and that is one too many - we were supposed to have three but thankfully the third never appeared.

We do have a 35 ton skip at work that takes care of any awkward items :) Six bags of garden rubbish heading that way in the morning.
One of the reasons I always buy estate cars where possible :)
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

My wheelie bin disappeared last week when I left it out for collection.
I was rather mystified, as this area's sparsely populated, so it's unlikely to have been stolen.
The helpful chap at the Council enlightened me - apparently they regularly fall into the wagon whilst being emptied! Who designed that system then?
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Had it been the OP that caused damage to council property I can imagine the response from them !!!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

addo wrote:I always put out my bins laden. (Observing the French system of plurals? :P )
Me too, I put them out when they are 2/3 to 3/4 full. No more no less as they do have a habit of going awol (or coming back full of concrete, but that's another story for another time)

HDI wrote:Had it been the OP that caused damage to council property I can imagine the response from them !!!
Indeed. I pondered that myself.

They have (just) replied anyway and want me to telephone them now. I'll do that shortly as tis lunchtime now (here and probably there too) , they best get their finger out though as I am car shopping this week, nothing to do with the damage, its something I've been meaning to do for months.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG