Annoyed

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Annoyed

Post by spider »

Bin collection this morning (blue + brown)

Brown bin (paper) is always first, done no problem. Blue (plastic bottles / cans) bin about an hour later.

I heard a bit of a noise so looked out, I saw the bin man picking up lots of bottles, I just thought "oh, he's dropped the bin or something"

Went out ten minutes later to drag the bin in (there's still the odd can floating around on the road too) and noticed this:

I'm just sat here trying to work out "how" this happened. There is no damage to the wing or headlight (the scratch down the wing has been there ages thanks to cyclists on the pavement but that's another story)

I cannot work it out :?: , as I say there's no damage elsewhere. I can only think one of the following:

1. The bin fell over and hit it (unlikely given the angle that it would not catch something else)

2. It was actually on the pick up on the lorry and fell off (again, what are the chances of that just catching the indicator lens?)

3. The bin lorry itself caught it (unlikely as there would be damage elsewhere)

4. 1 or 2 but just a bottle / can managed to come out and hit it (again, the plastic is high impact so that's unlikely)

As I say I saw them spend a good minute or two picking up lots of bottles / cans so the bin either spilled or tipped over.

I've not bothered ringing the council as (a) I'd never be able to prove it and (b) they would no doubt wriggle out of it somehow.

Plus, as it had jagged edges I've whipped it out and pulled the outer 'cover' off and put it back, so it just looks like the outer piece has fallen off as they sometimes do anyway on a 205. It's still amber and still works fine.

Hmm :(
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG