Obscure Motivation

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Obscure Motivation

Post by addo »

Down here, we have no VAT on imports under $1000 gross - that's a shade above £600.

With the comparative fall of other currencies including GBP and USD, internet shopping's become a right playground for Australians with bargains left right and centre. However, the local retailers are grumbling, and slowly twisting the Gov't into closing this loophole. Can't see it being here in twelve months...

So - myself and many others, are frantically spending much as we can overseas (not that we have local industry to protect anymore) while it's this good.

I reckon it's good for car enthusiasts, too, as more is being invested into projects. Proof that not paying tax can be fun? :lol:

Cheers, Adam.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Keep telling you to see about discount for ro-ro to oz for loads is citroens as most xantias on eBay are under said amount and you can import 1 car every few years :-)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Yes, yes. :lol: Trouble is, cars take up so much space when you then pull them to bits!

No joking, I am getting seriously close to shouting an airfare (or at least one way) for anybody who wants a holiday here very soon. You'd have to bring over three headlights and a new Peugeot wing as baggage. :roll: