Wide Open Spaces

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Wide Open Spaces

Post by addo »

Some pics from the New Year's weekend away. Aside from weeding the block a bit, I found time for the man-cave. It was a scorcher in the shed; 40°C sunlight felt positively cool by comparison!

Image Image Image

Nice empty roads, except it's wheat harvesting time. If you don't watch out, there's every chance a grain truck will come bellowing around the corner or over a crest.

Image Image Image

Green truck is just a typical local transport vehicle - 1963 International LWB - this one's for hauling hay. I don't presently know its owner. This Falcon of mine is for sale; no seats and needs some work (three door skins and a whole door plus nearside roof repairs and beating to offside rear quarter). $200 - it's a rare US-built 1960 model.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Why isn't there two feet of water in those pics. I don't think you are in Australia at all.
And what have you done with all the people.

And the sheepses.

Also, when he said "Take up thy bed and walk" he didn't mean stick it on the Falcon and drive around with it!
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Great scenic pics :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Nice pictures. 8-)

Whats the story with the D?

Cars are very rust free in Australia! Shame we have to drive around in inches of salt during the winter months, might as well just park them in the sea!
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The emptiness is nearly addictive for me; while some people initially see it as isolation, there can also be a sort of freedom. If you're not rubbing up against people constantly, it allows for more thoroughly digested thoughts and a clearer picture of how we all have to mesh together in society.

My 107000 mile '62 ID19 is a long-term project. It's the one where I cleaned up the backseat last week. Missing headlight is on the front passenger seat, but I do need a couple of repop (clear, no chrome edge) blinker lenses.

I plan to keep it fairly ragged; bit of a "rat" look and retain the simple hydraulics (red fluid, no PAS or BVH). A set of five 400mm Michelin radials (2×165, 3×155) and a head overhaul will break the bank at present, so it's in ultra-slow rebuild mode. :cry:

Believe me; the Dees people fix in the UK are often far worse than the ones people scrap here. I have good contacts - not the usual noisy brigade of horse traders - for anyone interested.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i spoz if banger price's in AUZ are high what sort of dosh would an AUZ'Y 72 D special resto project over there,

or even just a realy good body shell

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You'd be looking at $200 upwards, depending on just how ratty it was. A decent project Dee would probably cost $1500. I know where there may be a 69-ish shell that was dry stored for many years. It's going to be (if not already :( ) pillaged and the shell scrapped. There was also an incomplete project car, 67 converted to green fluid with BVH and PAS; most metalwork done but needing paint and reassembly. Vendor was an obsessive restorer.

Non-runners without rego ("tax" to you) will always fetch a lot less because people are afraid to transport them. The real enthusiasts will - as always - bend their price for a genuine long term new owner.