The immovable crank pully bolt and the unstappable rage

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'm a bit late to this but on an Activa (XU10J2CT) engine, the crank pulley should not be that tight anyway.

Although it's like the XUD engine crank pulley it needs to be nowhere as tight. The correct torque is 88 ft lbs and they should not be difficult.

Clearly some ignoramus has thought it looks like an XUD so I'll jolly well do it up to XUD tightness :evil:

I agree that if the starter motor trick fails then how you describle is the best Malcolm. A long bar with lots of steady pressure is FTW...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

:cd: :cd: Done, with two of us stood on a 6ft bar it went with a bang, took a lot of lining up and practice goes, also lost two good sockets and the head of the bolt is toast, at least i know the clutch is good though and so is the handbrake, it didnt budge at all.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Well done Dean :D do you need another bolt? If so I have a spare one you can have.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

luckly i had a couple spare but thanks for the offer Richard!

Strange how the anti sink equiped cars seem to have a rather fiddly D pin arrangement for holding the crank pulley in place and no proper way of pinning the crank up with the pulley off whereas the older N/A and turbo cars without anti citroen have a far superior setup which makes things just that little bit quicker and more straightforward, woke me up anyway :lol: .

Ive just bid on a waterpump which im hoping to get at a very good price, also the cam belt kit is in transit..............all i need now is some sunshine.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Deanxm wrote:all i need now is some sunshine.
What's that? :?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:
Saw a bit this morning!!!

Dean, well done :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

DickieG wrote:
A movie by Danny Boyle :D
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

XM Prestige PRV6 92

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i feel the starter trick a bit viollent,

and i also think holding the fly wheel by the clutch you can damage the clutch plate by ripping the rivets clean out of the centre boss,

regards malcolm
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

What's wrong with locking the teeth of the flywheel. You'll be going some
to take those teeth off considering what force runs on it off the sterter motor.
As a matter of fact, I have found a chisel popped through a top opening to
lock the flywheel on other petrol engines will normally suffice. That's of course
if there is an opening to start with! :lol:

Andrew
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I did find an opening in the end Andrew, there is two thumb sized holes under the car, made to take a chisel :wink: , it wont hurt the clutch its job is to transmit torque, it will certainly be taking more punishment than this when it gets on the road :wink:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Deanxm wrote::cd: :cd: Done, with two of us stood on a 6ft bar it went with a bang, took a lot of lining up and practice goes, also lost two good sockets and the head of the bolt is toast, at least i know the clutch is good though and so is the handbrake, it didnt budge at all.

D
Well that was FT!

WEll done for getting it sorted! :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

nout wrong with locking the fly wheel via the starter ring gear (if you can get at it ),

but i still feel holding the engine on the clutch with brakes hard on, then crank the starter to undo a crank pully bolt, could damage the drive plate,

i have seen a BX D with a completly shatterd clutch plate through the owner repeatedly bump startting the car, turned out just because it needed glow plugs,

regards malcolm