Parking restrictions and charges lifted in England

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Of course, heaven forbid that someone go to Eton and actually get educated :roll:
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hey, I went to a fairly posh school with a famous track record for educational outcomes!

Not that it helped me at all. :lol:
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Xac wrote:Of course, heaven forbid that someone go to Eton and actually get educated :roll:
Well OK I know that it makes good 'media' to slag off those with a top notch education... but thank goodness that our 'leaders' were not educated at MY school.
Personally, whoever is in power I want them to use all the resourses at their disposal, whether it be Green. Sugar or anyone else who knows the best way or at least what the majority of our government thinks is the best way forward. Surely people must realise that your elected Politician isn't necessarily the best person to run the NHS or that a Postman isn't qualified to be a Chancellor... but if we need a Politician to be the front man and get the best people available to run the NHS and the Treasury then so be it.
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

HDI wrote:
MikeT wrote:The national debt is some 160 billion and increasing because the deficit is totally out of control.
It's a bit more than that !!!

Read this and weep !!!

http://www.debtbombshell.com/
Whatever it is (and rising) it's just too fantastical to worry about accuracy IMO.

After making my error, I vaguely recalled a forum rule about avoiding political subjects. Three pages later, I can see why it's mentioned but IMO, it's good to vent.

I do get the feeling that whatever this "democratic system" actually is, it's not working. At least, not in the sense of the last government that appeared so scared of votes and referendums. I'm not saying this current coalition is any better but they've made some good moves IMO, recinding some of the many stupid acts and addressing the deficit for instance. It's probably too little too late though.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

MikeT wrote:
After making my error, I vaguely recalled a forum rule about avoiding political subjects. Three pages later, I can see why it's mentioned but IMO, it's good to vent.
Because political and religious disagreements can never be resolved and often end badly for all parties and the forum in general.

This discussion has proceeded in a very gentlemanly and restrained fashion - more restraint then our political leaders often exhibit.

As is usual for the FCF and the quality of it's membership.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

indeed a political discussion could go on forever but i think FCF members are big enough to know it is just that, a discussion, and very interesting it is too.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

While all you gentlemanly types are having a restrained discussion in the lounge area, some larrikin is stretching clear lunch wrap across the toilet bowls...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »