Stealership experience

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

f00lzz
My Cars:

Stealership experience

Post by f00lzz »

My Son's Xantia 2.1TD developed a suspension problem recently. Would raise and lower at the rear but would not settle into the 'normal' position. I suspected the connection link (dog bone) but was not certain because there was no suspension movement (hard bouncy ride) so wondered if a sphere had 'popped'. Rather than struggle getting axle stands placed etc (on the drive in snow conditions) I suggested he pop to our local stealer and have it up on the ramps and if it was the dog bone they would have a replacement which should be a relatively easy/cheap change :lol:
He was told that the ramp was busy (place was empty) and that there would be a minimum charge of £90.00 just to get it on the ramp to look!!! He has declined their kind offer and will be using the ramp at our local garage tomorrow.. So if anyone wants to use this particular stealership, here is the address,

Citroen Birmingham
100 Small Heath Highway, Birmingham, B10 0BT
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

That's excellent customer service not! :evil:

Maybe you could report the service advisor/manager to the Dealer Principle, or CEO.

Also you could point out about the other Citroens in your family, and therefore the future lost business, including a purchase of a new Citroen that you were contemplating to buy from them, and have now decided to cancel, or go elsewhere!

It could give them some feedback, and might make them rethink how they deal with customers!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

They won't give a jott !! Politicians learnt their spin craft from stealers !
The stealer culture is very familiar to me, I have a couple of friends who work in them !
The stories they constantly relate to me are a disgrace to all that is moral.
All they are concerned with is moving metal and their margin, tactics to achieve that are without limit.
I will never buy a car from a stealer again and fortunately don't need to use the attentions of a garage for repairs or servicing.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

I really should have known better.. I recently (Nov) took my daughter to look at a C4 (she was going for the new shape Fiesta!!!) However, the one suitable one on the forecourt was innacessible and we were literally 'thrown' the key's and told to have a look if we wanted too! As I was very keen for my daughter not to buy the Fiesta which we had courteously had demonstrated to us and then given a 30 minute test drive in, I determined to pursue the Citroen saleswoman with a view to seeing if they had 'stock' elsewhere that we could look at... I was then told that she ''did'nt do second hand'' and to ''sit and wait'' while the salesman saw to two other couples before us.. we left... I actually felt embarrassed that I had brought my daughter to the place. She eventually bought a C4 (not from Citroen Birmingham) so our Citroen familly grows ever larger.
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate