RWD superior? errrmmm.......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

andmcit wrote:As a possible defence of the stupid, maybe the driver thought it would be
FWD as it's only a pretend/wannabe BMW after all? A 'BMWLite' so to speak. :D
Well yes, but all they had to do was ask someone to stand next to the car, and then see what end of the car spins the wheels.

Either the above or look online, or in the manual for the info.

It would have taken more time to fit them, than to look it up, or to spin the wheels.

Or were they in the middle of the job,:wink: and about to fit a second set to the correct end! :wink: NOT!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

do you think he reversed up that hill :lol:

regards malcolm
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Toby_HDi wrote:Its just idiocy.

As Andrew has rightly pointed out, it needs to be drummed in until their ears start bleeding. Unfortunately, these people still won't listen even if you hit them in the face with incontrovertible evidence.

It annoys the hell out of me because I quite like a drive in the snow and its idiots that spoil it. Its not because the snow makes roads impassable, its the complete eejits who get stuck and block the roads. Our roads are a mess due to the standard of driving. Accidents would fall if the powers that be focussed on educating drivers rather than pursuing the speed kills mantra.
Xac wrote:One of her colleagues said "But isn't your car front wheel drive?" to which she replied "I don't know, what does that mean?"
This is another example of the complete ignorance of people and that picture Robert makes me want to find and slap some sense into that driver.

I'm going to stop before I give myself an aneurysm.

:rant2: :oops:
So good to hear that others see the problem as I do !!
I needed to go into Brum yesterday, there had been snow and it was snowing but I wouldn't have had a problem, except that is for the risk of the muppets bringing the roads to a standstill !! So I aborted the plan and stayed home.
Most drivers these days are clueless, which is why the new driving test requires the identification of basic service items under the bonnet. This is because many people think they can drive a car between the now very extended service intervals without checking under the bonnet.
Many drivers can't change a wheel, or even check engine oil level and top up if required !
And what happened to blokes over the last 10 years ??!! It must be all the ridiculous male grooming products that have affected their practical senses !! I'm ashamed of the male species when I talk to some blokes and they make imbecility a virtue when it comes to getting their hands dirty !
Good grief, that turned into a bit of a rant didn't it ! :rant2:

PS, anyone noticed all the cool new emoticons ??!!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It pleases me that my youngest daughter is so capable with her driving and has had no problems at all getting through the snow despite the golf club where she lives/works being officially cut off during the snow.
She has also demonstrated a reasonable interest in the workings of the car and also in doing minor bits of repair and maintenance.

My two son's and two other daughters rather less so.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

my daughter likewise Steve, when we built her purple and lilac dersh (2 CV) all those years back,

i had her cleanning and paintting all the suspension components before we reassembled them, she did complain about the grease under her finger nails for weeks after,

regards malcolm
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

What is it about BMWs and snow?
There's one at the bottom of the road spinning it's wheels trying to pull out before finally giving up.

I've just been to the petrol station for some manflu medication, and the station for my train ticket tomorrow, and the roads are fine.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

They're mostly (though not exclusively - there's always exceptions!) driven
by total morons, usually with a significant attitude problem.

Andrew
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

andmcit wrote:They've mostly (though not exclusively - there's always exceptions!) driven
by total morons, usually with a significant attitude problem.

Andrew
Ouch! Glad you added the exceptions caveat Andrew. I can think of at least one very highly respected member of this very forum who drives a BMW :)

There are even exceptions amongst Audi drivers. Yes, indeed there are. I happen to know one. Maybe the only one but I do know one :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Xac wrote: I've just been to the petrol station for some manflu medication, and the station for my train ticket tomorrow, and the roads are fine.
Wrong!

Should have gone to the orf licence.
Bushmills 12 year old flu medicine is highly recommended by the medical profession.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

:lol: i hope it doesnt cause any harm to medicate yourself if no flu symptoms are present :wink:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Deanxm wrote::lol: i hope it doesnt cause any harm to medicate yourself if no flu symptoms are present :wink:

D

Why no!
Preventative medicine, just like 'flu jabs etc. :)

I keep eyeing my bottle of Ben Riach but I'm too stingy to open it :(
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Keep it in the car. Alcohol melts snow, so it may just get you out of a bind sometime...

Or if things get dire on the home front, you can sit in the car and get legless before moping in to face the storm.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

addo wrote:Keep it in the car. Alcohol melts snow, so it may just get you out of a bind sometime...

Or if things get dire on the home front, you can sit in the car and get legless before moping in to face the storm.
No problem on that front :) No wife here to kowtow to.
(There is a wife, just not here).
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

some people get all the luck :roll:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Deanxm wrote:some people get all the luck :roll:

D
I get even more, while I have a (future) wife here, she'd never want me to kowtow to her, she's lovely :)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool