resurrecting 205

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

I didn't know they had all that extra, with air con.. didn't think there was any space to get air con under the bonnet.. also didn't know about the failed japan export either..

Shame, the 2dr format puts me off, but the auto doesn't... may think again if theres air con in them..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

They had a cat as well Paul and as a consequence, the 1.9 engine was slightly detuned from what it was in a standard 1.9GTi.

They may not have made the all-out BHP of a GTi but they had it where it counts, especially, on an auto - lots of torque.

I'm working from memory here and may be a mile out but I believe they had Motronic MP5.1 injection (because of the cat) which makes a welcome relief from the old L-Jet on the standard GTi.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:
citroenxm wrote:Gentry were GTi's with an auto box only, and again 405 alloys...
And aircon and wood and leather :P The most luxurious 205 ever.

They were a failed Japanese export order and sold in the UK to get rid of them.

Lovely cars, very desirable :P
Very true. I've only ever seen one. :) , a bit more common (although still rare) is the UK spec 'Gentry' , full leather etc.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
jamestheoddone
My Cars:

Post by jamestheoddone »

all this talk of gentrys reminds me of the first time I saw one, green and shiny, blacked out windows sitting in a car park in canterbury. I, of course, rushed over and practically stuck my nose to the window peering through to see, only to be greeted by a the face of a young lady peering back. She looked utterly petrified, cant think why... :lol:
LOOKING FOR SPARE DRIVEWAY SPACE