Best Driving songs!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia2.0
My Cars:

Best Driving songs!

Post by Xantia2.0 »

Well as you know I have the rare 2.0 engine in my Xantia with 135BHP and a top speed of 126MPH a good driving song is essential! My favourite driving song has to be Meat Loaf - Dead Ringer for Love. I love blasting down the road with that blaring!

What is your favourite driving songs ?
1998 Citroen Xantia 2.0 16V I4 with 148,200 miles on the clock. Bought it with 123,000.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Golden Earring - Radar Love :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

For an exciting drive I'd have to say anything by AC/DC 8-) , but if I had to choose one, it would be "shoot to thrill". 8-) 8-)
Also special mention "Fuel" by Metallica

For a chilled out ride, perhaps in the evening coming back late, I'd go with something by Sade
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

yeah lilke Sade :D also for a silky voice, Morcheeba are nice...

I do find (calm) classical can be good driving music, for some reason

however, guns and roses cant be faulted IMHO :twisted:
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

"Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf. Real pedal to the metal music.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

Gotta go with CitroJim on this one. Radar Love is an absolutely classic driving song.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Anything by Mylène Farmer or Zhao Cong.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I usually stick on a bit of classical music, fantastic especially when doing a bit of dawn/dusk driving.This one in particular is good.
Second has got to be a bit of Nightwish 8-)
I also play a few themes from some gaming favorites of mine, including this and this.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

What's your fav nightwish track Kev, I'm rather partial to a bit of nightwish myself.
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

um, T.Rex, some queen stuff and im partial to a bit of the Police too along with some arrested development and other rap dont really have a favourite song as i get bored of them if i hear them too much but if i had to pick it would be Led Zep and stairway to heaven.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote:I usually stick on a bit of classical music, fantastic especially when doing a bit of dawn/dusk driving.
I know what you mean Kev,

My normal companion during driving is Radio 4, I can nearly always find something interesting but when occasionally it does go a bit off than either I switch over to Classic FM or dig my little cheap Tesco MP3 player out and plug it in.

On that MP3 player is my collection of all my all-time favourite trackes and ranges from classical right through to pretty recent stuff like Greenday, Paloma Faith and Duffy.

Speaking of Greenday, how about Boulevard of Broken Dreams as a great driving song, especially the ending crescendo?

Looking through what's on my MP3 player reveals some amazingly naff 70s stuff such as Lindsay De Paul's Won't Somebody dance With Me, Sad Sweet Dreamer by Sweet Sensation and Randy by Blue Mink.

Or even Hazel O'Connor singing Will You.

In my defence m'lud, all these and many more instantly transport me back to particularly happy, special and/or significant times in my life.

It is amazing the power music has to do this. I hear a snatch of Bowie's Life on Mars, one of my all-time favourite tracks ever and I'm instantly taken back to when I was 14 years old, sitting at a bench in our local TV and Radio Shop (now long gone) untangling and rethreading a pile of 8-Track cartridges...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

What a shame she never matched that with anything else. Apart from that I found 'Breaking Glass' a disappointment.

Sleepwalk
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
What a shame she never matched that with anything else. Apart from that I found 'Breaking Glass' a disappointment.
One is tempted to wonder what happened to her but she is still about and even released a greatest hits CD in 2003. Must have been on a very small CD....

A bit OT but thinking about tracks that really do bring back memories is Duane Eddy's Because They're Young ..

Straight back to being quite a youngster in the 60s listening to Radio Caroline on a little tranny radio. It seemed to be really naughty and a real thrill to get the pirates...

And listening to Radio Luxembourg on 208 medium wave at night fading in and out as it did, late at night under the bed covers on the same little wireless cunningly sneaked in there...

Ahhh :D The memories. Am I showing my age a bit here?
Jim

HDI Dave
My Cars:

Re: Best Driving songs!

Post by HDI Dave »

Xantia2.0 wrote: My favourite driving song has to be Meat Loaf - Dead Ringer for Love. I love blasting down the road with that blaring!
Me too,plus like a bat outa hell,can't beat a bit of meatloaf, Paradise by the dashboard light is one of my favourite songs 8-)

Other rockers also,Guns n Roses, The Cult,(Rain) etc lol,showing me age now.

Easy listening driving music? Eagles, or REO Speedwagon,

really showing me age now... but still cool 8-)
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
A bit OT but thinking about tracks that really do bring back memories is Duane Eddy's Because They're Young ..

Straight back to being quite a youngster in the 60s listening to Radio Caroline on a little tranny radio. It seemed to be really naughty and a real thrill to get the pirates...

And listening to Radio Luxembourg on 208 medium wave at night fading in and out as it did, late at night under the bed covers on the same little wireless cunningly sneaked in there...

Ahhh :D The memories. Am I showing my age a bit here?
Same here Jim - I recall being quite excited at being in on the first playing in the UK of Sonny & Cher's 'I Got You Babe' on Caroline IIRC.

I don't care for 'country' as such (except Gillian Welch) and rarely listen to male artists but this cheesy thing goes down nicely:
Alan Jackson, Remember When - which only goes to reinforce the geriatric feelings I suppose. It sounds like nostalgia anyway.
That's his wife he is dancing with :)