DVLA incompentence

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:Moped entitlement was once automatic if you held a car licence. It was withdrawn when compulsory basic training (CBT) was required to ride anything with two wheels, even mopeds.

Back along, a car license entitled you to drive all sorts of bizarre things like road rollers, track-laying vehicles (tanks), agricultural tractors and mowing machines. No longer though and SWMBO in her role of examiner has to conduct tests for these classes.

I guess the mowing machine test checks your ability to mow in a straight line...
myglaren wrote: My first expired when I was 70
Steve, you're joking :wink: No way you're anywhere near 70 surely? 50s I'll accept but not over 70..
Xac wrote:I've got just over a month on mine.
Nah, can't accept you're 69 and 11 months either Xac.

What's your secrets? Regular swigs of LHM or something?

I'd be ever so upset if they took my bike entitlement away. I worked hard for that and even though I've not ridden a bike for 20 years now, who's to say I might not succumb to a mid-life crisis and ride off into the sunset on a Harley one of these days.
A mate of mine is the right age for a mid life crisis, but has not had one....yet!

Although if he did have one, and got a bike, he certainly has the right name, as his name is actually Harley!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
Julz
My Cars:

Post by Julz »

wheeler wrote:I've heard of this happening a lot recently, would be a very wise to keep copies of your licence before sending it off for renewall.
I've also heard that those of you with grandfather rights (if you passed your test before 1997) to drive 7.5 tonne lorries, minibuses & tow large trailers will have the entitelment taken off you unless you specifically request for it to be kept on there.
I've had mine renewed and also changed my address two years ago (must remember to change it again) and still got my minibus, trailer & 7.5T groups

also in small print at the bottom have groups fkln&p, which are tractors, mowers, electric vehicles, duty exempt and mopeds.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr ... /DG_180694