Double parking fees for older cars

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Double parking fees for older cars

Post by myglaren »

I find this extremely discriminatory, particularly as many older cars are not the emissions terrorists that they presume;

The Beeb
A Devon council is considering plans to charge staff with older cars a higher rate for parking.

Teignbridge District Council is proposing to scrap free car parking at its Newton Abbot headquarters.

In its place will be a two-tier charge, with cars made before January 2001 charged £1 a day and other cars charged at 50p a day.
TopDonkey
My Cars:

Post by TopDonkey »

Luckily they have already said that it wont go ahead, it was just an idea that was floated about to see what opinion was
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What a joke! I'd be personally driving the five tonne excavator that demolished homes of the proponents, were the houses older than ten years...

Why didn't they follow it up with a local area ban on low income people and those with "generally untidy appearance"? :roll:
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Now then I wonder who proposed that idea, the fat cat councillor or the councillor who lives a short walk/cycle distance from their office who just so happens to work 9-5? ](*,)
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Wouldn't it have been in breach of age discrimination laws? :D
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

you should know by now that anyother law or right is overiden by the governments right to tax you, i could well see this and other stupid rules coming into force, it seems the government has found the perfect way to take the general publics money, make them feel guilty! i know the day will come in my lifetime when no matter how clean the xm and other cars like it is it will not be allowed on the road and if it is the compensation to the government to do so will be rather hefty.
Just ask any C6 Driver how much they have to pay to keep their car taxed now, and if they moan there is an army of moronic hippies waiting to pour scourn on them.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

What is more worrying is that such thoughts are taken seriously enough to become news :roll:

Even more worrying is those that dream up these things are in charge of critical services and infrastructure we depend upon.

If they can think this, what else are they thinking and it has to be asked if they are mentally competent to hold the position they do.

It is worrying. Lunatics and asylums...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

This country really is a joke !!!
Problem is people are generally so apathetic they just accept it , even if they moan about it.
As far as car parking goes I think THE most outrageous issue is pay parking at Hospitals , if authority is prepared to make the sick suffer even more than they already do then they are prepared to do anything :evil:
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

HDI wrote: As far as car parking goes I think THE most outrageous issue is pay parking at Hospitals
Complete, total and utter agreement there! I think it is immoral and disgusting :evil:

Parking fees came in about the time our youngest was born. I had to make sure I had money for the meter in the car at all times and there is no telling the time it'll take to give birth. The last thing you want to think about is if the car parking ticket is about to expire :roll:

Luckily, Siany was in a hurry to see us and no fines resulted. We were on our way home with Siany before the ticket expired...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Deanxm wrote:Just ask any C6 Driver how much they have to pay to keep their car taxed now, and if they moan there is an army of moronic hippies waiting to pour scourn on them.D
In my case a big fat ZERO thanks to the bank of Mum and Dad, Mums disabled and gets free road tax. who am I to refuse :?: :?:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

your very lucky, and i wouldnt refuse that either, ive heard numbers around £400 - £500 a year for a larger engined vehicle!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Yeah , that high rate of tax is going to render those cars unsaleable when they move down the food chain as time goes by , or at least reduce value by a huge amount.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

I have to agree that the hospital parking charges are annoying.
When my wife was in labour with our daughter, the nurse came and "reminded" me that my parking ticket expired at midnight (it was after midnight at this time). So I had to leave my wife whilst I went and bought another ticket. It's an absolute joke!
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Deanxm wrote:your very lucky, and i wouldnt refuse that either, ive heard numbers around £400 - £500 a year for a larger engined vehicle!

D
Ironically I've heard you can import a Hummer and you don't have to declare it's CO2 emissions, so get away with paying the old rates of tax.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool