Lexia Vista ARGHH

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

xantia_v6 wrote: Jim, Could you dig out the schematics and tell me which pins of the 30 pin connector are used for Airbag and A/C? It would actually be useful to know where all the pins are used to build a cable check list. No desperate hurry.
Will do Mike :wink: For both 30 and 16 pin sockets?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Had another crack with the lexia this morning, and still no dialogue, the lexia program is definatly communicating with the box as it would not start otherwise, but it is not getting anything from the car!

What an expensive piece o crap!
I dont think it can have anything to do with the fact that im running on vista as its windows xp inside vmware that takes control of the box :?
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

To rule out vista causing any problems, i have installed lexia on my girlfriends laptop running xp, but still no dialogue with the car.

So either the cars dignostic port is broken, or the clone lexia is :?
I will be emailing the seller and finding out how good their technical support is!
GPZ500s
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

davetherave wrote:So either the cars dignostic port is broken, or the clone lexia is :?
Don't know if it's any help, but my Lexia (made in France, shipped via Hong Kong :) ) emits a relay type click when it opens communication. Can you hear this from yours?

Edit: One other thing - have you definitely installed Lexia, and not Proxia? Mine wouldn't communicate at all with Proxia, and I didn't persevere with it to find out why.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Nope i dont remember hearing any click, definatly using lexi v3.45.
They also sent v44 but i ont know why?

They have emailed back with, did you install it on windows xp...lol.
GPZ500s
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

Might be worth installing CD44. From what I've seen on here, CD45 is quite a big change. I'm quite happy with CD42! I've found that it doesn't uninstall particularly well though, probably lazy programming because it's meant to be used on a dedicated machine. Still, it's only a few clicks on a Virtual one!

Has anyone used CD45 with the Chinese Lexia?

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Sl4yer wrote: Has anyone used CD45 with the Chinese Lexia?
I ran V45, and it seemed to work OK (but mine won't talk to some ECUs, I think it has a faulty cable). I have now installed V42, and it seems pretty similar, but doesn't offer to connect to the Citroen servers quite so often.
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

I tried installing v42 that i had kicking around, (took ages again), and that still has no dialogue with anything! ARGHHH!!

Im going home on monday so will be able to test it on the xantia and find out if its just my car, Mr chinese seller and his techniq guy still havnt got back to me, will be chasing them up. :?
So far what was meant to be a treat for myself is turning out to be a complete pain in the arse, how typicaly citroen (maybe they are genuine units after all!)

Wierdly now i have installed lexia (even though it doesnt work) on vista, i can access parts of my citroen service i never could before, i can now access repair guides, modifications, substitutions etc! :P
GPZ500s
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

I have now tried 3 different laptops with clean installs of windows XP and lexia v45, but still no dialogue with either car.
I know it should tak to the xantia as jim's lexia connected to it no problem in the summer.

Am i doing it right? I mean ive tried switching the ignition to every position possible and it keeps saying no dialogue, what position is correct? full on so glow plugs come on or just battery light?

Has anyone open one of these clones up, could a component have failed?

I feel a paypal dispute coming on.
Thanks
Dave
GPZ500s
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Dave

Not sure if this is relevant to your Xantia problem but I seem to remember a Citroen information fault note regarding Lexia no read when using a 30 pin adaptor lead on a Mk1 Xantia. Sorry not got an Xantia so not checked out myself.
Something in the trim around the car 30 pin socket prevents the 30 pin lead plug fitting fully into the socket giving a read failure. I think that the recommended removal of the grey locking clip from the lead plug so that it could push fully home into the socket.
Will see if I can find where I put the Xantia book of notes in the last clear up.

John
Xmexclusive
xmexclusive

Post by xmexclusive »

Hi Superloopy

It really appeals to my sense of humor that the Chinese copy a product so well that it retains all of its original design faults except the unreasonable price.

John
Xmexclusive
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

The 30 pin connector on both Lexia and its predecessor ELIT requires the removal of the relay situated next to the socket otherwise the connector cannot be pushed in far enough to make a connection. As far as the ignition switch position it can be either ignition on or engine running.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

davetherave wrote: Has anyone open one of these clones up, could a component have failed?
Mine works, but does not connect to all the ECUs it should (and I have had both cars on Lexia 2s, so I know the cars are wired correctly.

I am 90% sure that there is a wiring error in the tail from the Lexia pod to the round connector, but untill I get the pin-outs from the car, or another Lexia 3 to compare, I can't be certain that that is the only problem.
davetherave
My Cars:

Post by davetherave »

Well ive tried updating to lexia v46, but that still does no good, the ebay seller has asked me to post it back to him, so he can replace it, but how much will that cost in postage to hong kong :shock:
GPZ500s
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Are you from north of the border? :P

It's not much, in the scheme of things. Especially compared to a real Lexia! :lol: