ShouldaboughtaXantia

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

ShouldaboughtaXantia

Post by addo »

The other day whilst driving to a job, I passed a young fellow on the motorway in his airbagged Toyota ute. Tail 2" off dragging along the ground, nose up in the air - would have been really harsh riding and terrible for high speed stability.

Thirty minutes later, I'm entering a traffic jam as we descend the hills into a nearby town. Guess who is pulled over getting the keen eyes of Mr Plod all across their car? :lol: To think he could have bought a Citroën and had all that fun, with a comfortable ride and none of the Police attention!
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

I think the Fuzz are a lot stricter over there Adam. I was always hearing about guys getting pulled for their suspension Lifts etc on the Outer Limits forum.

Over here no one seems to bother until there is an accident and peeps are hurt. In Oz you have to get stuff "engineered" ? ie a report of mods before you are legal ? The trucks that run around here with 2 and 3 inch lift might be declared to insurance and then again might not. The Police have nothing to do with it anyway.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Oh yes; we have rules about the rules about the rules. :roll: I don't believe they really save lives at all - but the vehicle geometry in question was what bothered me at 70MPH. More about commonsense, which the young lad lacked!