Washer Bottle

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Washer Bottle

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Is it a common problem on an Xantia, to find the filler neck mounting bracket for the washer bottle broken where it mounts on the inner wing?

I noticed recently a car in a scrap yard with the same problem, it appears to be weak in that area, so is there a mod or repair that can be done to fix it?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've seen a few now so yes, I reckon it is.

That filler pipe is an absolute devil to swap as well :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

The scrap car had another car on it, and had already had bits taken off.

I tried brute force to get in there quickly, even had a go a ripping out the arch liner, and cutting the outer wing to get in there.

Well I was in a hurry, and running short of time, and as I didn't need to do it the careful way I.E. looking after it, as it was soon to be crushed, even then it did not allow me to get access, as the yard was about to shut I had to leave it at that.
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:I've seen a few now so yes, I reckon it is.

That filler pipe is an absolute devil to swap as well :twisted:
So I wonder what the book time would have been at the main dealer for that!

I imagine the receptionist would ensure the customer is sitting down, before shocking them with the labour charge for that one!
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So, is there a method that can be used to reinforce the mounting to save having to take it out?
ACTIVA

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

How strange! I was just posting about http://www.simplan.co.uk/index.html and I noticed your Username: Is it anything to do with experience of the product or coincidence? Phil :D
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

citroenesque wrote:How strange! I was just posting about http://www.simplan.co.uk/index.html and I noticed your Username: Is it anything to do with experience of the product or coincidence? Phil :D
Sorry I slipped away :wink:

So, now the answer to your question.

Well the explanation is I own an Activa, and the 8 relates to the type of engine I favour a V8!

Imagine that in an Activa ! 8-)

After all there is a Northstar block which is in a Golf, the N* is a 4.6 litre V8.

I had seen that site, you linked to and the product, but after I had decided upon the forum I.D.

How did you arrive at your choice of username, is there a story behind it?
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Here's a Volvo 240 with a V8 in it.

Q car! 8-)
ACTIVA

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Although thing is looking at the space available it would have to be a compact V8.
As the 3.0 V6 is a close fit, although in actual fact it has more space around it than the 2.0 CT, and looks a more tidy instalation. 8-)
ACTIVA

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes indeed :D The Xantia V6 installation is deceptive. It looks busy and tight in there but in reality the V6 is a very compact engine indeed and very well designed too.. The whole power unit (engine + transmission + ancillaries occupies just under a cubic metre. It's not that heavy at 260Kgs all-up either. The autobox is pretty compact for what it is too. Most of the weight is in the gearbox though...

Normal (and some not so normal) service items (plugs excepted :twisted: ) are actually a lot more accessible than on an Activa or 1.9TD...

I have to agree with you on the V :D I rather like engines that come in Vee formations as well...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
I have to agree with you on the V :D I rather like engines that come in Vee formations as well...
Try this for size :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Loving the flames :D

A contributor to Practical Performance Car has one of those in a Rover SD1, all 27 litres of it. He's had some fun getting a transmission to last any meaningful time...

An ex-tank engine I believe...
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

these guys (http://www.hastingsmotorsheetmetalworks.com/index.htm) built a monstor on a ROLLS ROYCE chassis a few years ago with a MERLIN lump in it, that was definatly spit and fire whilst running,

they showed it off at the last BEXHILL 100 but only ran the engine every time they collected i belive 75 quid for a local pet charity,

although i cant see it on there web site

regards malcolm