M.O.T.'s

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

So if a car is set up like Carlos Fandango then it will pass! :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
pug_owner2002
My Cars:

Post by pug_owner2002 »

My loacl Halfords has a service bay too, seem to think they do MOT's too.
They also use the service bay to fit the in car audio equipment, made me laugh a good few years back as a friend of mine had a Vauxhall Belmont (he acctually set out to buy it too, how weird!) :shock:
Anyway, he purchased a radio/cassette with Cd multichager from halfords and with it he got free fitting. The car was left with them for a couple of hours and upon return there was no new stereo installed.
Upon questioning the staff they informed my friend that they could not work on a vehicle that had a fuel leak (the tank vent pipes were perished and split, so petrol fumes could be smelt).
He asked for a price to repair the vent pipes, but as already stated they were not allowed to wor on a vehicle with a fuel leak. What a garage, they must only want the easy jobs of replacing brake pads, wiper blades and bulbs. :roll:
R Reg Phase 2 306 DTurbo (Blaze Yellow) (Sold)
X Reg Phase 3 306 1.4 LX (Sold)
03 Renault Scenic Dynamique +
03 Seat Leon 1.9 TDi
52 Nissan Almera 1.8 sport+
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Citroenmad wrote:A friend took his car the for a service (first and last probably) and he had to take it back as it left a huge oil puddle on the drive. The oil filter had not been tightened up.
Reminds me of the time my brother allowed a national chain to change his oil. They drained the (auto) gearbox and then put the recommended amount of oil in the engine (obviously with no reference to the dipstick). He drove it 100 yards, realised something was wrong, took it back and was told they couldn't do anything about it because the mechanic was off for the day. :shock: