Laptop Adverts

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Laptop Adverts

Post by addo »

Sure there's merit in offering cheaper ones that might be useful for diagnostic programs, but is the Forum risking a dive into vending sundry items if there are not some basic parameters set (maybe, maximum cost)?

Yes, I am the sort of person who says "Look, there's an elephant in the corner of the room". :roll:

Cheers, Adam.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I can't see a problem with a member with laptops for sale offering them here Adam.

As long as it isn't someone coming in from the street, so to speak, there is very little to fear.

The forum will not be a vendor, it is a private transaction between members, as with any other, more specifically automotive items listed in the forum. There is no endorsement of any items for sale by the forum. It is always a private transaction between the vendor and the purchaser and as with anything else, caveat emptor prevails. No-one is compelled to purchase any item and a cap on pricing would be unrealistic - it remains for the purchaser to assess the value of the item in question and if he is prepared to pay that much, just the same as eBay except you are not dealing with some completely anonymous vendor.

It benefits forum members inasmuch as they get first chance of something they may have good use for before it is offered elsewhere where it could well sell for a higher price.

While we will observe the way this proceeds as long as there is no evidence of anything detrimental to the forum or it's members then I can't see a problem with it.

I appreciate your concern that it may become something ugly but it will be curtailed if there are any signs of it going that way.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I fully concur Steve.

Adam, Steve and I do really keep a close eye on things.

Only this morning I deleted a spammer trying to flog armchairs on here :roll:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I'll have 30 armchairs please ;)

Just to put the sellers side to this, I know i could stick them on ebay but to be honest i would rather they go to people who want to keep a good citroen on the road, and if this offers them the chance to install some lexia software on it and get more use out of their car and fault find on it then all the better. I never ask a stupid price for what i sell. Some people are amazed i even bother at the price i sell them for when you factor in the hours of work i have spent getting them right and testing them. Each one is powered up for at least 3-4 hours and tested fully and usually post a few times to here as well to ensure it works on tinterweb as well :)

Can always ship on to Oz if you wish Addo as they are robust little machines :D But yes i understand it could turn messy, kind of why i keep mine all in one thread so as to keep it neat :)
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I recently picked up a laptop, essentially for duty as a Lexia clone (hence the questions I posed on the Forum around that time).

It was sort of funny in purchasing; I advertised in an off-topic area of another forum and bought off a private seller; the "IT Expert" who had initially rushed in offering to cater perfectly to my needs, dropped the ball completely.

Part of who I am and what I do, means I constantly run into all sorts of semi-interesting stuff; perhaps I should advertise it on FCF? :wink: :P Tribal artworks bought from the source in Orissa, workbenches with interesting history, recycled construction materials, first front Dee parts... (Eclectica = Citroënian)

Cheers, Adam.