Glasses..How many pairs you broke?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Glasses..How many pairs you broke?

Post by lexi »

Thank God for poundshop glasses :lol: I`ve stood on em sat on em ran the car over them (Lucky they weren`t on my head at the time :lol: )

When I scratch them I start off with Farecla G3 and then work my way up to G10....... :shock:
Then dear wife says.......Get yourself a decent pair of glasses :shock:

So went to get the eyes tested. After test, optician took my pound glasses off me. "Here try this pair". "Bloody hell !" says I . "Big difference eh?"said Optician
" Give me my old ones back mate........I just got a glimpse of the prices in here with those ones of yours :shock:

I had the paper out at arms length reading it the other morning. "What`s wrong with your eyesight ? "says Mrs Lexi. "Nothing" says I. " It`s just that the Cat pissed on the paper. :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I have four pair of prescription glasses. Rarely break them but I never know where they are, hence a pair in every location (work, computer, car, jacket).

Haven't got a cat, don't read newspapers :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I have two pairs (one long-range and one varifocal close range) and due to my complex prescription involving prisms I have no choice but to shell out a lot of the folding stuff for them. I've got scratch-resistant lenses and frames made of memory metal; the stuff you can bend all shapes and it comes back good again.

They take a lot of punishment and are still pristine. Touch-wood, never damaged a pair yet. Good job as without them I could not drive or do any close work...

One area where it pays to pay for good 'uns.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Had my eyes lasered years back, no more broken glasses for me (at least til I'm 45...)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Glasses..How many pairs you broke?

Post by CitroJim »

lexi wrote: I had the paper out at arms length reading it the other morning. "What`s wrong with your eyesight ? "says Mrs Lexi. "Nothing" says I. " It`s just that the Cat pissed on the paper. :lol:
Just spotted that Lexi. That's priceless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My kids still giggle when they see me doing the same when I've not got my readers to hand. Usually in restaurants looking at menus.

Steve, I confess that I do keep a spare (old) pair of readers in the garage for the times I need to read a micrometer, do a bit of very close work, do a bit of grinding or operate the lathe. More that they're handy there and saves me needing to go back into the house to get my normal readers.

Chances are Xac, now you've been lasered, you may never need glasses :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

They reckon that after lasering you're likely to need reading glasses after 45.
Was the best thing I had done though. No more walking in from the cold into a foggy room, or worrying about wearing contact lenses for too long.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

no glasses to break , but I have the expensive habit of losing sunglasses on a regular basis !!
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
steve101

Post by steve101 »

I get mine from glassesdirect. Prescription glasses but a lot cheaper.