Arrrrrrgh !!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

The Police have far more important things to attend to and anyway , speed tax camera's are far more lucrative :evil:
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

HDI wrote:The Police have far more important things to attend to and anyway , speed tax camera's are far more lucrative :evil:
I got stopped for driving with foglights on when there was no fog.

New years eve four years ago. Dropped some of my kids off at a fairly isolated pub. As there were hundreds of cars and taxis doing the same thing, the only way to get out was a sort of cart track affair round the back of the pub and eventually back onto the road.
Cop car waiting there to apprehend the inebriated drives, presumably. Saw I had foglights on - I'd turned them on to aid vision in the pitch darkness on the cart track - no illumination there and huge potholes to trap the unwary.

As I drove past them and turned onto the road I killed the fogs and then saw them following me. I was almost home before they flashed their christmas lights at me.

One got out, went to the front of my car and looked suitably disappointed to see that only dipped headlights were lit.
I explained what had happened but they had to do the whole "Is this your vehicle sir" routine and ask if I had been drinking and would I take a breathalyser test. At half past seven, I ask you! :roll:
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

another one of my pet hates is tailgaters,

regards malcolm
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

and lane hoggers , and those who move out to overtake a/ without indicating (should I use the force ??!!) , b/ at the last moment , and c/ 20 mph slower than other traffic and not increasing their speed as they overtake !!
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

The last post from HDI reminded me of another couple of pet hates when I'm driving with cruise control switched in.

a) Driving on the motorway at a steady speed and car rushes up behind me, overtakes, pulls in front and then slows down causing me to have to either slow down or overtake them. I mean, WTF? ](*,)

b) His close relative who comes up beside me and then matches my speed eventually boxing me in behind a slower moving vehicle in my lane. #-o

Two more for the meat grinder there! :twisted:
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Is it true that Grumpy Old Men is auditioning its next crop of misanthropic social commentators through less-usual channels - including FCF? :P

There are idiot drivers everywhere; in Australia it's a mission just to stay out their way sometimes!

Re the "must overtake you" drivers - you can generally call their bluff in a modern hydraulic Citroën... If someone's courteous and thoughtful, I don't care what they drive - I'll do my best to maintain their momentum just like mine. If they're an idiot, I'll do my damnedest to make sure they are a safe distance away.
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

LOL !! Dude , I aint that old but this muppet driving is a scourge and it needs sorting !!

I briefly followed a Police Panda car today and even his driving was terrible !! He exited a roundabout virtually on the central white line and then failed to indicate at the next one :shock:
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

HDI wrote:LOL !! Dude , I aint that old but this muppet driving is a scourge and it needs sorting !!

I briefly followed a Police Panda car today and even his driving was terrible !! He exited a roundabout virtually on the central white line and then failed to indicate at the next one :shock:
I find that the police rarely bother with indicators. They must all have BMWs privately. BMWs don't have indicators as standard, do they ? :evil:

They are also very lax about putting dipped headlights on in conditions of reduced visibility, as required by law.

Noticed this particularly after my father in law was fined for not having his dipped beams on when driving in light drizzle.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

I have never seen a traffic cop indicate down here, they just drift around between lanes and pull out at junctions without indicating too, of course they are also always speeding when the road ahead is clear, good example hey.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Thats a good thing about S1 C5s i guess, you can have the front fogs on and no one is any the wiser, as they are in the headlights. An ingenious idea i think, as they light up the edge of the road infront of the car so much better, but shoulnt dazzle other road users. Infact i often have them on without the headlights if its dusk, as they appear where the sidelights light anyway.

The rear C5 S1 hatch has two fogs, but they are in the sidelight lenses, so both rear sidelights get brighter but no extra lights. Another good idea i think, though i never use the back one obviously, unless really very foggy.

My pet hate for today is silly little power-mad car park attendants :twisted:
Today i got to uni in the C5, to find i had left the parking permit in the Peugeot at home which is 35 miles away ... even though the permit has both the C5s and 206s reg numbers they only supply one permit, which can not be copied. So i left a note on the window of the car explaining what id done and that they could check to see that this car had got a permit and the other cars reg number was ** MPG.

So i return to the car to find a note from the grumpy parking person sayhing that i must only use the car with with the reg displayed on the parking permit and i must show the permit at all times. The reg of the car has been noted and should it be parked here in future it will be clamped with an £80 fine!

So obviously they can check up to see if a car has been parked there already without a permit, but they cant check to see if that car is on the system for having a permit. Idiots!

Im not happy, what if i forget it again, im going to complain to the estates department and see if my reg number can be removed from the black list. If they would supply me with two permits there would be no problem.

:twisted:

So many things are really annoying! I think im an old grumpy person before my time :lol:

Though my biggest pet hate is to be found on the motorway ...

Driving along on a three lane motorway, you always get the motorists who think the middle lane is their own and they are not to be moved from it. Even if its deadly quiet on the road they are there, in the middle lane not passing anything and not about to either, its not as if they are usually doing the legal limit either.

So you have to move right over, from the inside lane - where they should be- right to the outside lane just to pass them, then move right back over to the inside lane again.

This drives me mad, these people are either very lazy, have not got a clue how to use motorways or are in a world of their own. In any case they should not be sat behind the wheel of a car.

No amount of flashing lights, indicators etc makes them move over, maybe they are on invisable tracks in the road which only they can follow! I mean what on earth, how inconsiderate.

This either causes so much more congestion or even causes some idiots to undertake. This is what make me most mad on the road, especially when it is busy. This is the one time i wish i Xenon lights, so i could blind the bug*ers into the correct lane.

Mind you also get this on dual carrigeways, which is even more anoying as you cant pass them.
Ive noticed this type of driving never happens in France, they overtake and then they pull straight back over. SHould a car be going slower than the person behind wants they drive less than a metre from the back of it flashing their lights madly until they move.

Mad but it seems to work over there :lol:

Wow, rant over ... :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Citroenmad wrote:

Driving along on a three lane motorway, you always get the motorists who think the middle lane is their own and they are not to be moved from it. Even if its deadly quiet on the road they are there, in the middle lane not passing anything and not about to either, its not as if they are usually doing the legal limit either.

So you have to move right over, from the inside lane - where they should be- right to the outside lane just to pass them, then move right back over to the inside lane again.

This drives me mad, these people are either very lazy, have not got a clue how to use motorways or are in a world of their own. In any case they should not be sat behind the wheel of a car.

No amount of flashing lights, indicators etc makes them move over, maybe they are on invisable tracks in the road which only they can follow! I mean what on earth, how inconsiderate.

This either causes so much more congestion or even causes some idiots to undertake. This is what make me most mad on the road, especially when it is busy. This is the one time i wish i Xenon lights, so i could blind the bug*ers into the correct lane.

Mind you also get this on dual carrigeways, which is even more anoying as you cant pass them.
Ive noticed this type of driving never happens in France, they overtake and then they pull straight back over. SHould a car be going slower than the person behind wants they drive less than a metre from the back of it flashing their lights madly until they move.

Mad but it seems to work over there :lol:

Wow, rant over ... :lol:
Air Horns! :) :twisted:
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Thats just reminded me , I kept the air horns off my CX !! They are going on the Xantia !! 8)
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

One that 'get's my goat' is why should you slow down at a level crossing to check if there is a train coming, sure "common sense" would dictate that if the barriers are up then theres no train.

Or the ones that go belting down the motorway towards roadworks and then brake at the last second despite being warned about the average speed cameras
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I'm a "middle lane hog" on freeways with three or more lanes.

It gives me extra safe space - a lane either side, plus (usually) a breakdown lane and a grassed median. The kerbside lane suffers from erratic speeds and people merging/peeling off.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

addo wrote:I'm a "middle lane hog" on freeways with three or more lanes.

It gives me extra safe space - a lane either side, plus (usually) a breakdown lane and a grassed median. The kerbside lane suffers from erratic speeds and people merging/peeling off.
Yes but if the m/way's nearly empty would you still do that?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​