Its All Been Done

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Its All Been Done

Post by tomsheppard »

Friend asked me to take home his newly acquired Bikermauler as I was insured. This car was in good nick for a 240 but with an automatic box it was something of a thirsty orphan so friend got it for a song (which was a bargain- I have heard him sing.)"Its All Been Done" he told me.
Now maybe I am cynical but where rolling stock is concerned, there is a heckofalot of All. Yes, the auto box had been replaced (Its got a new gearbox; Really?) and four brand new Firestones (so what is the geometery like?). The MOT is new and the paint almost unblemished.
But its all been done. The kickdown cable and the selector cable were maladjusted and the brakes, steering and suspension clonked and banged disconcertingly.The exhaust leaked (new MOT?)the motor was feeble, making nearly 60 on the motorway. Friend has three cars already. Mrs Friend not impressed. "If it was a classic or a sportscar but who the hell wants that ugly old tank."
"Ah" replied Friend "But its all been done".
Mrs. Friend rang last night: "what's it really like?"
I advised them not to keep it for long. I am reminded of something a dealer once said to me: "They only buy the shine". I have always considered it an advantage to buy a car that didn't have one- nowt as queer as folk!
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Tom,
Being from a foreign land, I gotta know; what's a bloody "Bikermauler?"
My guess is possibly a 4WD (which we affectionately refer to as **** tanks) or a Volvo which we relate to as grey headed gentlemen driving at about 50KPH in the right hand lane on a duel carriageway with a 100 KPH speed limit totally oblivious to all the carnage they leave behind.[:D]
Alan S
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Bikermauler-Volvo 240 series. More motorcyclists involved in collision with cars get hit by these than any other car. Good guess mate!