Santa Pod mini meet

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

probably when everyone has time. I'm up for most weekends
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

CitroJim wrote:I'll be in Langport Kev, about 10 miles up the road from where you'll be John. In fact I'll be passing by Wrantage on our way in to Taunton when we visit Mum in hospital..

I will have passed by Sparkford on my way down.

Come down a tad earlier John and we'll meet up. Fancy making it a threesome Kev?

Sid, so sorry for so comprehensively hijacking your thread with all this Somerset talk :oops:
Looks like "Santa Pod" now should read as "Scrumpy Pub!"

A meet up at the Pod looks like a good idea! 8)

I can just imagine a V6 up against a CT, demonstrating the performance difference! :wink: 8)
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi gents :) :)

Are we talking sunday at sparkford or elsewhere :) :)

Saturday could cause me a few problems but sunday is open for negotiation with SWMBO would be good to give the VSX a run but then i still havnt got the cambelt done so not so sure :oops: :oops:

Could be persuaded if someone happens to have a Lexia with them :lol: :lol:

Sorry Sid :) :)

Colin
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Jim is the key , does he go home sat eve or not.... no pressure Jim :)

On a different note, I do hope your mum is ok ..

I can do either Sat aft or anytime Sun .. On Sunday morning I am popping to sparkford to join 22 x 406 coupes, my first ever meet!¬

but that's a minor thing, I will park up and would like to look the museum, having never been.. the rest of them can compare perfect polished paint etc

:twisted:
Toby_HDi
My Cars:

Post by Toby_HDi »

Museum sounds good, a quick look at some 406's also sounds good (can decide if would actually want one) as does some proper scrumpy with bits :twisted:

However, I need to get the exhaust sorted on my Omega and hope that my misfire has disappeared. If I can source some bolts for the exhaust (OE ones from Vauxhall won't fit I don't think as middle boxes are pattern parts then I can sort it Saturday evening after work and be good for Sunday.

I keep saying I'll get to some kind of meet but it never materialises :lol: fingers crossed
Toby

Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

be good to see you Toby :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jgra1 wrote:Jim is the key , does he go home sat eve or not.... no pressure Jim :)
I'd love to be down on Sunday but sadly, I really should be at home :cry: :cry:

I've been away for a few weekends on the trot now and there are things that just must be done at home :twisted:

A bloody shame. I will cogitate on that one and see if I can perhaps move Sunday to Monday...

I would love to attend the meet and see the museum again. It is well worth a visit.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Checking the chat section of FCF tonight, I see my Santa Pod thread has run to 2 pages.. How exciting lots of people want to go......\:D/

...... Wait when did they move Santa pod to Somerset?

:lol: He he, don't worry y'all, I'm also terribly guilty of thread hijacking on more than one occasion ;), sad you cant make it, but have a good time at the Haynes museum or where ever your cider drinking occurs. :)

Briefly back on topic, this weekend is a RWYB, but next weekend is the "The MSA British Drag Racing Championship for Pro Mods and other national classes of cars and bikes"
The next RWYB is Sunday the 18th October :(
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

I definately want to go to SP some time soon sid :)

as for this weekend, basically I am suppposed to turn up at haynes sometime after 10 on Sunday morning.. there are 25 or so coupes and the guys all seem friendly. I am free all day, but would like to look around the museum and there is always yeovilton RAF nearby...

so open to ideas :)

I also can make saturday afternoon otherwise

J
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Ok, well maybe we could make 18th October an provisional date for a mini meet? It would turn a few heads to see a few Xantia's running down the strip. It will be much better for me then, as i need to get new tyres and the next few weekends for me are well booked.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tecar

Post by Tecar »

XantiaMan583 wrote:Ok, well maybe we could make 18th October an provisional date for a mini meet? It would turn a few heads to see a few Xantia's running down the strip. It will be much better for me then, as i need to get new tyres and the next few weekends for me are well booked.
There'll be a variety of Cits there for RWYB on the 18th -West London and Surrey (CCC) group are planning to be there then too. A couple of modified DS's are rumoured to be going...have to wait and see I guess.
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

Tecar wrote:
XantiaMan583 wrote:Ok, well maybe we could make 18th October an provisional date for a mini meet? It would turn a few heads to see a few Xantia's running down the strip. It will be much better for me then, as i need to get new tyres and the next few weekends for me are well booked.
There'll be a variety of Cits there for RWYB on the 18th -West London and Surrey (CCC) group are planning to be there then too. A couple of modified DS's are rumoured to be going...have to wait and see I guess.
ah excellent , 18th it is :D
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh, so me may well see a breathed-on Activa against a V6 then Gareth :D That will be interesting.

The 18th is a few decades away by my standards but if I'm clear, I'll be there... Love to see a modded DS on the strip!

Back to this weekend. Sadly Sunday is a no-go for me due to what I must get done at home and taking any time off next week has been well and truely kyboshed by work commitments :twisted: :(

John, I'll get in touch about a brief meet-up on Saturday afternoon...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
MG TF 135
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R

Post by jgra1 »

Jim no probs .. Sat aft, I can be about from 3 till 4/5 ?

anyone else, if you fancy popping for a drive to sparkford on Sunday morning, pm me and i will let you have my mob number, expecting to be there from 11ish for a few hours/lunch, and if anyones interested may go on to Yeovilton too :)

would like to make the 18th at the pod :)

J
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Alright, looks like we have a provisional date set, Sunday the 18th of October.
Santa Pod flooded by Citroens, he he, that will be a fine sight. Fantastic :)
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P