Freaky "hey thats my car" moment

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

tim leech
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Re: Freaky "hey thats my car" moment

Post by tim leech »

Sid_the_Squid wrote:Hey all,
During my normal walk to town for lunch today I had a real freaky moment, I walked out of Waitrose only to find my just outside in car in the car park!

Well at first glance it appeared to be my car, upon closer inspection it was a year newer (X reg) and had black leather instead of tan. What are the chances of that? Guess I'm not the only one with light green mk2 V6 exclusive after all.

Anyone else had a freaky moment like that?
Not with odd collection of old s**t I drive lol! :lol:
1994 XANTIA 1.8i SX 132k, From new, Slumbering
1991 BX TZD Turbo, 192k Batttered/Awaiting Resto
1991 BX 19TZi Auto 93k Factory A/C
1991 BX 16 TGS Athena (project), mechanically sorted just a bit scruffy!
1985 BX 19GT 57k beige wonder
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Sid_the_Squid wrote:Anyone else had a freaky moment like that?
Yes, with my Ford though. I thought I saw a clone coming the other way. Same make, same model (except mine was saloon and this was hatch but I couldn't determine that head-on), same colour and same registration bar one number but again, I didn't see that until another day when I met the driver and owner in a local car park. Wish I'd taken a photo now but it was quite unnerving thinking the car you are driving is also coming toward you on the other side of the road.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

MikeT wrote:
Sid_the_Squid wrote:Anyone else had a freaky moment like that?
Yes, with my Ford though. I thought I saw a clone coming the other way. Same make, same model (except mine was saloon and this was hatch but I couldn't determine that head-on), same colour and same registration bar one number but again, I didn't see that until another day when I met the driver and owner in a local car park. Wish I'd taken a photo now but it was quite unnerving thinking the car you are driving is also coming toward you on the other side of the road.
I remember hearing about a Capri owner who came out of Tescos, got in his car and drove off. As he was about to leave the car park he thought to himself "I don't remember having furry dice" and realised he wasn't in his car!
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool