for the first time ever floaty ride in my xantia estate

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

for the first time ever floaty ride in my xantia estate

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I had all my suspension spheres done together today by pleidiaes and hydra flush added for the first time since I bought my xantia diesel estate five years ago.
it turns out that the spheres I had fitted as replacements three years ago may have been for a saloon car which have different pressures to those of an estate.

the ride is beautiful now even for a standard six sphere system it feels like a new car, I always thought the ride was a bit hard in the xantia estate but now its brilliant, I have dated the front spheres so I can make sure they are all replaced at regular intervals.

I wont be discussing the price I paid on the forum again as some members like to argue over a couple of quid I cant see the point if your a happy punter at the end of the day. Martin did a brilliant job is full of advice and handy tips, I just forgot the chocky biscuits on this particular visit.

regards Nigel
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

You cant beat the ride of a Citroen when all is well and working correctly :D
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

You cant beat the ride of a Citroen when all is well and working correctly
So true... I am just so happy with my XM these days. Son has allcando A4 Audi V6 diesel with all the bells & whistles - just so ordinary in comparison, and as for the ride - forget it!
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

lolingram wrote:
You cant beat the ride of a Citroen when all is well and working correctly
So true... I am just so happy with my XM these days. Son has allcando A4 Audi V6 diesel with all the bells & whistles - just so ordinary in comparison, and as for the ride - forget it!
Audi suspension :evil: :roll: :^o ](*,) :-({|= :lol:

By comparison getting into my Xantia estate yesterday after being on holiday for two weeks reminded me of how good the suspension is, sooooo smooooooth :D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH