Camera to computer to F.C. F

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Chevron Terry
My Cars:

Camera to computer to F.C. F

Post by Chevron Terry »

Hi ,
This is very embarissing .
I would like to be able to take the photo"s of my car , from my camera , onto the computer and send it to the f.c.f !
I have got no idea how to do this - whoops !
Can anybody help ?
Hopefully aan easy way .
I wait with baited breath
Regards
Terry .
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

If you have a film camera, you need the photos developed and put on computer media such as a USB memory stick or cd rom, most processing places and supermarkets can do this.
This can then be inserted into your PC and the photos copied to the computer.

If you've got a digital camera, then you've already got the photo on computer media, such as a memory card.
Copy the images to your computer either via a memory card reader if you have one, or the USB cable supplied with your camera.

Now you've got the photos on your PC.
You'll need somewhere to put them.
One of the easiest I've found is www.flickr.com which allows you to upload photos via their website, but also provides a free program that adds "send to flickr" to the menu that pops up when you right click on an image file in windows explorer.
Their web site automatically provides several sizes of the image, and the web address you'll need to get it to appear in a forum post.
For example:
Click on and you will be taken to my photo of DickiG's lovely Pallas.
Along the top of the photo are some icons, click on "All Sizes"
This takes you to
Along the top of that, you have various image sizes you can view, such as Medium.
Selecting that takes us to the medium sized image, and below at "2. Grab the photo's URL:" there is the address of the image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/363 ... a77200.jpg

Select the address and copy it (right click and select copy, or hold ctrl down and press c )
Now go to your post on the forum and paste the address (right click and select past, or hold ctrl and press v )
Then add Image after the addressto produce:

1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi ~Terry I think...

you need to get yourself a bit of webspace... the idea is that you take the pics, transfer to PC

maybe make them small (in kilobyte terms) by lowering the resolution/saving as a lower quality JPG..

then, upload them to the webspace you've aqquired and on FCF, post a link to them.. then they should appear on here...

it sounds complex but once you have gone down that route it will be easy from then on..

saying that, I never ahve managed to get a pic to appear in my posts, although I can link out to them ok.

my pics are stored in a free space called blogspot... I upoload them to there and can link from here to them

hope thats a bit of help :)
John
Tourist
My Cars:

Post by Tourist »