My thoughts

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

My thoughts

Post by np »

Hi to all old & new :D .Not been very active since i got the 406.Had it 3 yrs this Sept.Now on 110k,was on 56k when i got it.Compared to the Xantia 1.9td VSX est it replaced,it averages about 48mpg,about 5 mpg better than the Xantia.The Xantia was boosted to 110 bhp,the 406 is boosted to 140 bhp.Tows the caravan like it not there,unlike the Xantia.The temp gauge stays at 89,only moving up on very long climbs at full power.The Xantia would go 110 deg+ with the caravan,even on the flat.
Cruise control is excellent.
Tyres last for 22k miles +,only ever got 13k on the front of the Xantia.Brake disks & pads last twice as long too.I service it every 10k,which saves some money over the Xantias 6k.Much more room under the bonnet to work :D .
Its had the same problems as the Xantia.Air bag connecters under the seat(at 4 yrs old)ABS light on(now)chrome trim on doors etc has water damage just like the Xantia.
Sat nav disk is "unreadable"
The engine management light has been on again 3 weeks ago."anti pollution fault".But i now know why.
It did it 2 yrs ago,& the garage said it needed a new HP fuel pump.I said it did`nt.When they finally did the work i paid them for in the first place :evil: ,all was well.Dirty fuel is to blame :oops: :roll:
I can live without auto wipers :evil: :x Lumber support on drivers seat would be good,as would memory settings on the elec seats.
Have some major rust eating through from the inside of the leading edge of the bonnet.And now water in the sills.
Overall,its been less hassle than my old Xantia.But i DO miss the suspension.
Not seen it since Steve sold it & moved away from my area.He`s not been on here since so must have moved away from French cars altogether. :)
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

How did you boost the 1.9TD to 110bhp?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Xac wrote:How did you boost the 1.9TD to 110bhp?
Easy, more boost, more fuel.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;