Prize Draw not to be missed!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Prize Draw not to be missed!

Post by citroenesque »

If I can spare the time before the National this weekend I'll be ready to launch the BXagon "Flavours of France Hampers" Prize-draw.

The prizes will appeal to a wider variety of entrant than the other raffle.

The plan is that, as we drive through the various regions, that we collect content for three hampers. What we collect will have to be non-perishable of course, but will be based upon a list being drawn up by a food writer/gastronome* in order to give an exciting mixture of French food, drink and condiments.

(*as well as my and other participant's knowledge and judgement - we have expats amongst our number)

PRIZES:
1st Prize: Le Hamper 'Gastronomique' - this will contain all sorts from tinned confit of duck, rillettes, olives, fish, jars of confiure and preserved fruits, box of biscuits to bottles of sparkling, red, rosé and white wine, vinegar, oils and sauces and dried herbs and pot-pourri from provence etc.

2nd Prize: Le Hamper 'Régional' - as scaled down version of the above, focused on local delicacies and regional favourites.

3rd Prize: Le Hamper 'de la cave' - six bottles of 'local' wine plus tasty accompaniments.

The draw will be limited to 500 tickets to give each ticket at least an appreciable chance of winning. Tickets will be £2.50 each or £10 for a row of five. Given that the value of the prizes may exceed £200 and delivery of them to UK addresses will cost maybe another £50 it is hoped that selling all the tickets will raise another £850 or more for Cancer Research UK.

Tickets, as I mentioned should go on sale at the National, but if I can't sort it in time,watch this space; I will do it all online in the coming months.

The draw will be made after the event and the packages will be ready for dispatch in good time for Christmas!

If one was to try to assemble these carefully selected hampers in the UK (which wouldn't really be possible) it is likely the 'Gastronomique' would cost in excess of £250.

Now these are unique and great prizes. Please contact me if you would like to reserve some tickets: yo.phil@btopenworld.com

Bon appetite!
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Wow :D makes a nice change from the usual raffle prizes 8)

That's got me feeling hungry already Phil :lol:

Put me down for at least a strip!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Sir Jim wrote
"Put me down for at least a strip!"

you just keep your clothe's removing for your DOC TEA HE

regards malcolm