CCC National Rally 19th July

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Looks an excellent turnout considering the weather prospects.

Nice cake for Jim there - Happy birthday Jim!
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

You were quite right there Dave!

Just got back to Crediton about 35 mins ago. Only stopped off twice on the way back, once to fill up with Diesel (sorry for swearing Dave :lol: ) and find to out how to get out of Watford. I did get a bit worried about this 'low emmissions zone' thinking it was something like this congestion charge written in a positive way but thankfully after a bit of research I think im alright and shouldn't be recieving a fine :D
The other stop off was for some tea at a service station on the M4.

It did get a touch interesting on the M4, I was in the middle lane and I see in front of me, two cars in the inner and outer lanes starting to move towards the edges of the middle carridgeway lines, the one in the slow lane was indicating into it. I was a safe distance behind but decided that it would be a good idea to back right off just in case things did kick off. They did both keep moving towards eachother until the car in the fast lane did thankfully realise and sharpishly went back to his lane albeit with a touch of a skid :shock:

It was a thourally enjoyable evening/weekend, good to meet up with everyone again and see some new faces :D
I've also got a photo or two I took during the evening but the main day was caught on film, including Jims cake :D
I shall get around to editing that this week as I've got Friday off :D
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi Kev
'low emmissions zone'
Unless your Xantia has suddenly turned into a Large Goods Vehicle (i know the load carrying capacitity of of a Xantia is legendary :D ) then i think you will be quite safe :lol: :lol: :D :D

But did you get chance to test your CD player :?: :?:

Seems like it was quite a swift(ish) journey home for a sunday :) :)

Colin
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

red_dwarfers wrote:Just got back to Crediton about 35 mins ago. Only stopped off twice on the way back, once to fill up with Diesel (sorry for swearing Dave :lol: ) and find to out how to get out of Watford.
Glad to see you got home OK but how did you end up in Watford? :?

Were you using a map printed in 1945, or a Satnav made in China! :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

DickieG wrote: Glad to see you got home OK but how did you end up in Watford? :?
Didnt want to ask that question although it did cross my mind :) :)

Roadworks on the carpark(M25) :wink: :wink:

Colin
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

admiral51 wrote:
DickieG wrote: Glad to see you got home OK but how did you end up in Watford? :?
Didn't want to ask that question although it did cross my mind :) :)

Roadworks on the carpark(M25) :wink: :wink:
I went through those myself and traffic never stopped so I'm still confused.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

admiral51 wrote:Hi Kev
'low emmissions zone'
Unless your Xantia has suddenly turned into a Large Goods Vehicle (i know the load carrying capacitity of of a Xantia is legendary :D ) then i think you will be quite safe :lol: :lol: :D :D

But did you get chance to test your CD player :?: :?:

Seems like it was quite a swift(ish) journey home for a sunday :) :)

Colin
Its alright if you already know about all these extra signs you see in that part of the country :lol:
The most popular signs down here are 'Beware Tractors Turning' and 'Mud on Road' (from tractors and 2CVs :lol: )

Were you using a map printed in 1945, or a Satnav made in China! :lol:
Well the journey plan to get home was to whip down the M1 to the M25, go around to Slough, right up the M4 and down the M5. I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere....I don't think I've ever seen so many "Safety" cameras :shock:

I tested the CDC on Jims Activa and it fires up alright and the head unit detects it but it comes up with 'CD ERR' and doesn't play any music. Im not too dishartened yet though as Im going to speak to someone who I've heard might know what the problem is and how to solve it :wink:
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

To continue the theme, yes it was a good day :D

I must say that the standard of some of the cars present in all catagories was i felt much higher than in previous gatherings ihave attended, which is great. Our lot i think held their own well in the pack :wink:

Thanks to Richard and Sid who kindly let me have a jaunt in their Xants...Jim i forgot to take you up on your offer of trying an Activa :) Never mind, maybe next time.

The ride home for me was incident free im happy to say. Im also to happy to say that the changing of the front spheres for non hydractive ones has re-united my front and rear suspension which since getting the rear freed up out of hard mode a while back always seemed to wallow at the rear compared to the front....now they both wallow.....and it feels amazing 8)

If you are ever up north between Sheffield and Manchester i recommend Snakes Pass (A57) as a good Xantia road. Plenty of ups and downs and changes in camber...often all at once on a corner :)

I followed an E36 BMW from Sheffield to Manchester and saw his car bobbling abaout over the bumps...most of which i felt nothing going over 8)..... It really does feel amazing now as though someone has laid a coating of marshmallow on the road. Im loving it :P

Anyway back to reality, best get going as ive a jolly jaunt to GSF Liverpool in a clapped out VW Caddy van in a minute or so :wink:

Thanks to Richard, Kev and Xac for helping me get my spheres done, ID my ABS fault, and fix my drivers window switch which i used extensively on the way home :lol: and to Jim for having a birthday and allowing us to have some cake 8)

Its blazing sun here this morning....bloody typical :roll:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Sid_the_Squid
My Cars:

Post by Sid_the_Squid »

Yes was indeed a great time, good to see everyone again, and meet a few new more people as well.
I was secretly hoping to have 'out shined' Vince this event, having spent several hours washing and polishing on Saturday, but his car polishing skills are still legendary. Sadly I did not get a chance to properly have a look at Gareth's Activa, or in fact meet him I noticed it there but he disappeared sometime before I got a real chance to look or say hi, shame as he certainly was a serous contender for best Xantia present. However I think all our cars were out shined by Richards immaculate and factory fresh TD VSX, still has that new car smell 8)
Overall it was great to see some really impressive examples of Citroen's I particularly enjoyed the two stunning CX's you know the ones I mean.

Its worth a mention about the presence of the RHD Xantia V6 Activa Exclusive brought in by B&L autos, although there was some bad paint patches, it had a fantastic interior, good under bonnet, and a custom full stainless sports exhaust. This is of course not a standard car, its something they have made starting with an Activa and building from there.

All in all good times.
The cake for Jim was a real nice touch Xac, many happy returns Jim.

Look froward to see you all again. :)
Gone to the dark side.

Past Citroens
'99 Xantia HDi Exclusive
'99 Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Green Goblin)
'02 C5 Hdi 110 LX Estate
'98 Xantia 1.8 sx auto with LPG
'00 Xantia Hdi (110) forte
'97 Xantia 1.9D sx
'93 Xantia 1.9D lx (my first) R.I.P
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Sid_the_Squid wrote:. Sadly I did not get a chance to properly have a look at Gareth's Activa, or in fact meet him I noticed it there but he disappeared sometime before I got a real chance to look or say hi, shame as he certainly was a serous contender for best Xantia present
I had to shoot off, missus was bored,16 month old boy was bored, i wasnt, but we were there a fair while. Prize for 'most improved' from last year would have been mine for sure, and the 'paintwork with no swirls marks' but neither prize were on offer. :P

My 117k well driven car will never compete with Richards low mileage VSX which really is factory fresh.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Erm :oops: :oops:
Just got around to unpacking the car and noticed that something was missing...I've only got half a tent :shock:
Did anyone come across/pick up a dark blue fly sheet for a Nakina 2 tent, its a small 2 person one with yellow air vent covers?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Lol, missing tent :lol:

I must say that i was royally "outshone" by the Activa next to mine, Richards VSX and dont forget Jim's Activa which didnt a mark on it and was very well presented too 8)

I must admit that i cant wait to get into a new auto Xantia project and start doing that up, Im not bored of sprucing my VSX up but somehow knowing that inevitably it will be sold on kind of puts a dampener on it a bit :? .
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

vince wrote:Lol, missing tent :lol:

I must say that i was royally "outshone" by the Activa next to mine, Richards VSX and dont forget Jim's Activa which didnt a mark on it and was very well presented too 8)

I must admit that i cant wait to get into a new auto Xantia project and start doing that up, Im not bored of sprucing my VSX up but somehow knowing that inevitably it will be sold on kind of puts a dampener on it a bit :? .
Vince, have you found an auto yet?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Not yet no.....know of any ?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sunday was great, bar the weather :twisted: although that did not put a dampner on a really great day.

I was wrecked yesterday though but as delailed (briefly) in another post it looks like the root cause is now known :D

Huge thanks to Xac and Danielle for the card and cake at the show for my birthday :D :D :D That was very special!

More later in my blog as I'm just off out for the day in persuit of birthday celebrations....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...