50mph limit for rural roads

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Are you in favour of this proposal?

Aye
4%
Naye
96%

Total votes: 27

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

myglaren wrote:My son was involved in an accident on a rural road last Saturday (my birthday, ironically enough as I was supposed to be staying with him on my way to London but never went).

He was only doing 45 (with an Exige 2' from his back wheel) and took a gentle curve with the camber all wrong - road recently resurfaced.

He killed his bike, a lot of bushes and almost himself. He will be off work for six months or more, won't be able to drive or ride a bike for at least a year.

The Exige just took off. The BMW behind that stopped and phoned for an ambulance while Richard flopped around like a fish out of water. Just been discharged from hospital today and in a lot of pain and looking like ten stone of mincemeat.

He is a careful driver and rider - been in the police and knows what an RTA can do to people.
Sorry to hear that.

I hope he gets better soon.

Wishing him a quick recovery.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
jmaccyd

Post by jmaccyd »

Ouch!, sorry to hear of that, wish him well and a good recovery
telderv
My Cars:

Post by telderv »

i wouldnt mind these "stealth" taxes and speed camaras so much if the money was actually put into proper road safety plans rather than the plethora of signs, or maybe a nationwide training program along the lines of the polices own roadcraft techniques?
LAGUNA II 1.9DCI DYNAMIQUE